1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf VF5FS Version A Change Log

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by akai, Feb 8, 2012.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    [6][P][P]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

[4][6][P]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

[4][3][P]- Damage was changed:35 → 30.

[1][P][P](counterhit)[P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

[6][K]- Strike attack level/type was changed.

[6][2][K] - Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

[4][P][+][K]- Hit effect was changed.

[9][P][+][K]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed. Strike attack execution frame was changed 25 -> 24.

[6][K][+][G]- Strike attack level/type was changed.

[4][K][+][G](hit)[P][+][G]- Throw interval was widen.

(opponent back)[4][K][+][G](hit)[P][+][G] - Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

[3][K][+][G]- Related to command input.

[1][K][+][G]- Hardening difference was changed. Damage was changed:25 → 20. Hit effect was changed. Strike attack level was changed: Special High→ High. G: -7 -> -6

(deadly move)[2][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(descending)[K]- Hardening difference was changed. Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed. Hit effect was changed. Prevented the exchange with Special High Techniques (??).G: -15 -> -18

(facing wall)[6][P][+][K][+][G]- Hit effect was changed.

(opponent down, face down)[2][P][+][G]- Cannot be thrown time was adjusted.

(opponent down, face up, feet)[3][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent down, face up, right)[3][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent down, face up, left)[3][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent down, face down, right)[3][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent down, face down, left)[3][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

[6][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

[2][6][8][4]or[8][6][2][4][P][+][G]- Sober properties were changed:0 → 2.

[2][4][8][6]or[8][4][2][6][P][+][G]- Formation condition of technique was changed.

[6][6][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

[4][6][P][+][G] - Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent back to wall)[6][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent back to half wall)[6][4][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent back)[P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent back)[2][4][8][6]or[8][4][2][6][P][+][G]- Damage was changed:100 → 120. Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent head crumble)[4][1][2][3][6][P][+][G]- Damage was changed:45 → 55. Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent head crumble)fastest input[4][1][2][3][6][P][+][G]- Damage was changed:55 → 70. Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent back, head crumble)[4][1][2][3][6][P][+][G]- Damage was changed:55 → 65. Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent back, head crumble)fastest input[4][1][2][3][6][P][+][G]- Damage was changed:65 → 80. Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent crouching)[3][3][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent crouching)[1][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent crouching, right)[2][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent crouching, left)[2][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(opponent crouching, back)[2][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

Catch (For example, after[4][6][P][+][G]) - Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(catch)[P][+][G]- Cannot be thrown time was adjusted.

(catch)[4][P][+][G]- Cannot be thrown time was adjusted.

(change)[P][+][G]- Cannot be thrown time was adjusted.

(change)[6][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(change)[4][P][+][G]- Properties pertaining to the technique (post execution) were changed.

(standing leg clutch)[P][+][G]- Damage was changed: 60 → 55.

[2][P][+][K](reversal)[P][+][G]- Damage was changed: 45 → 55.

---

Above is the list of moves that were adjusted in Version A (From AM2's Website). The purpose of this thread is to keep a record of the changes to later update FS command lists (based on the Masters Guide). Note: "Hardening Difference" refers to actual frame change related to the attack being guarded (GD), hit opponent(H), or counter hit opponent (CH).

Edit: Added additional information from Lettuce's Blog (mainly the actual frame changes to execution of a move and the "hardening differences."

2. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    very nacceee [​IMG]

3. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

4. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Ash - I think I told you this in the past, but thanks for sharing your work! The names of the moves definitely helped me out with the stuff I am working on.

On your list, you had some question marks and I tried translating them . The ones with ? mark I had difficulty translating

# refers to the row number in your file

06 - Quick Hammer
    22 - Arrow Knuckle
    23 - Comet Hook
    24 - Knuckle Part (?)
    38 - Gasp Napalm Bomb (?)
    46 - Mouzu Down Chop (?)
    72 - Jumping Knuckle
    73 - Jumping Elbow
    74 - Jumping Push Kick

I noticed some of the move names in your list are different from the master's guide, for example:

58 - R.A.W Avenger
    110 - Standing Shining Wizard
    111 - Shotgun Chop
    113 - Avalanche DDT

5. Ash_Kaiser

Akai, thanks for those translations and corrections. I should have realised that it was Avalanche DDT, as that's what the Japanese call all their turnbuckle throws in wrestling.

As for the three ? moves, I'm not sure if I can help too much, but these are my guesses.

24 may be "Knuckle Palm", as it looks like a quick palm strike with his fingers bent at the knuckles (it appears in the below video at about 2:30, but it's obscured by the height indicator).

For 46, I have no idea what "Mouzu" is, but "Mozu" is a bird, known as a Shrike from the Laniidae family, derived from the Latin word "Lanius", which means butcher, so Shrikes are referred to as "Butcher Birds". If I was to guess, I'd say the name of this one was "Downwards Butcher Chop".

38 however, I know what the move looks like (it's a kneeling upwards palm swing), but I can't make sense of the name or think of anything.

6. sibarraz

sibarraz Well-Known Member

Which moves of wolf were removed after ver.c?

7. Ash_Kaiser

I'll do a list at some point in the next day or so.

8. Ash_Kaiser

Okay, it's a bit late, but here are the moves of Wolf's that have changed or have gone from Ver. C to FS A.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code:</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" ><pre>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Attacks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Elbow Smash PP6P Gone
    Combo Elbow Butt PP6P4P Gone
    Clothesline 466P Replaced with High Lariat
    Shoulder Attack 46P Replaced by Quick Shoulder
    Shoulder Attack (max charge) 46P Gone
    Arrow Knuckle 3P Has a new animation
    Elbow Rush 1 16P Gone
    Elbow Rush 2 16PP Gone
    Elbow Rush 3 16PPP Gone
    Standing Low Kick 2K Replaced with Low Smash)
    Low Smash 1K/[2]K Now 2K
    Dragon Knuckle 6P+K Replaced with ???
    Dragon Knuckle Combo 6P+KP Gone
    Dragon Chop 6P+KPP Gone
    Quick Shoulder 66P+K Now 46P, Replaced with
    Push Away
    Ogre Chop 461236P+K Gone
    Burning Hammer 461236P+K, P+G Gone, now 2486P+G/8426P+G
    throw
    Burning Driver 461236P+K, P+G Gone, now 2486P+G/8426P+G
    throw
    Grizzly Lariat 3P+K Replaced by Swing Upper
    Tornado Sobat 66K+G Replaced with Jumping Knee
    Toe Kick Stunner 6K+G, P+G Replaced with Front Face
    Lock (from front), Back
    Stunner is still there.
    Front Roll Kick 46K+G Gone
    Thrust Kick 3K+G Replaced by Heavy Side Kick
    Flying Zero 9K+G Gone
    Defensive Move
    Side Step Catch DMP+K Gone
    Offensive Move
    Body Blow OM P Gone
    Dynamic Kick OM K Gone
    R.A.W
    R.A.W P+K+G Replaced with R.A.W Avenger
    Knuckle Arrow R.A.W. P Gone
    R.A.W~Level Back Chop R.A.W. P+K Gone
    R.A.W~Low Drop Kick R.A.W. K Gone
    R.A.W~R.A.W. R.A.W. P+K+G Gone
    Jump Attacks
    Step Hammer (asc) P Replaced with Jumping
    Knuckle
    Rock Punch (mid) P Replaced by Jumping Elbow
    Toe Crush (asc) K Replaced by Jumping Push
    Kick
    Toe Crush (mid) K Replaced by Low Drop Kick
    Hammer Edge (desc) K Gone
    Down Attacks
    Guillotine Drop (down) 8K Has a new animation
    Front Roll Kick (down) 46K+G Gone
    Reversals
    Captured (vs HK/MK) 4P+K Now 4+P+G from Leg Hold,
    Replaced by Backfist
    Dragon Screw (vs SK) 1P+K Now 6+P+G from Leg Hold,
    Replaced by ???
    Throws
    Face Crush Chop P+G Replaced by Swinging
    Neckbreaker
    Turbo Drop 3rd 63214P+G Replaced with
    Hellevator/Ascension
    DDT 4P+G Now P+G from Front Face
    Lock, replaced with
    Exploder
    Smackdown Bottom 43P+G Gone
    Snap Meyer 3P+G Replaced by Tiger Buster
    low throw.
    Soccer Ball Kick 3P+G, 46K Gone
    Jack Hammer 33P+G Now 6+P+G from Front Face
    Lock, replaced by Tiger
    Frosion low throw
    Swing Through 1P+G Now 4+P+G from Catch
    KS 2486P+G/8426P+G Replaced by Burning Hammer
    Catch 6P+G Now 46P+G, replaced by
    Spinebuster
    Kevlar Dora Slam Catch P+G Replaced by Push
    Push Catch P+G Now done with Catch P+G
    Schwein Catch 1P+G Gone
    Spiral Bomb Catch 4P+G Replaced by Swing Through
    One & Only Change P+G Replaced by Push
    Push Change 6P+G Now done with Change P+G
    Calf Branding Change 3P+G Now done with Change 6P+G
    Frankensteiner 9P+K Replaced by Standing
    Shining Wizard
    Wall Body Slam (wall) 3P+G Now (wall) 64P+G
    Shotgun Chop (wall) 43P+G Now (wall) 6P+G
    Exploider (right) P+G Now front 4P+G
    Elimination Slam (left) P+G Now both sides P+G
    Dragon Suplex (back) 4P+G Gone
    Side Suplex (crouch) 2P+K+G Gone
    Vertical Tiger Driver (crouch) 3P+K+G Gone
    Big Bridge Hammer (crouch) 33P+K+G Now (Deadly Move crouch)
    2P+G
    Double Arm Suplex (crouch) 1P+K+G Now (crouch) 1P+G
    Pedigree (crouch) 11P+K+G Gone
    Cross Arm Breaker (side crouch) 1/2/3P+K+G Gone
    German Suplex (back crouch) 2P+K+G Now (back crouch) 2P+G
    Combo Double Arm Suplex PP6P1P+K+G Gone
    RAW~Catch R.A.W. P+G Now automatic (R.A.W.
    Avenger)</pre></div></div>

9. Ash_Kaiser

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code:</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" ><pre>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reversals
    Dragon Screw (vs SK) 1P+K Now 6+P+G from Leg Hold,
    Replaced by ???
    </pre></div></div>
    Because I can't edit my last post, I spotted a mistake with the changes list. It's [1][P]+[K] and not [3][P]+[K].

10. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Edited, the post, but seems like browser is displaying VFDC strangely.

11. Ash_Kaiser

Akai, I asked Alex to find the names of the missing Wolf moves that we didn't have, since he had access to it at SS. Here's what he said they were. I'll update my spreadsheet when I get home tonight.

1PP - Comet Hook, Knuckle Part
    6P+K - Gasp Kneel Palm Bomb
    1P+K - Mow Down Chop

12. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Thanks, I will edit my lists.

13. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    What does execution mean for throws? In Ash_kaiser's list I see burning hammer at 16, giant swing at 10, spinebuster at 9, exploder at "-", diamond cutter at 21.

Does this mean that spinebuster comes out very fast (9) frames, while diamond cutter is super slow to come out (21)? And why do some throws have "-"?

Any clarification much appreciated.

14. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    You're correct, it's how fast the throws are.

"-" I assume means "don't know" but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

15. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    I'm confused though. Low sway tackle is listed as 40 frames? That seems insanely slow. It shows 6 "active frames", which is much longer than any other throw... what does that mean?

16. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Don't you think 44P+G is a slow throw? Probably the slowest in FS.

17. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    It's a catch throw that's why. [​IMG]

it's slower, but on the other hand you can't throw escape it.

Also, active frames is the "hit phase" so the more frames the better chance it can land.

18. Ash_Kaiser

All normal throws except where specified are 10f (as opposed to 12f in vanilla) execution (which is what the "-" means) and have the default throw startup animation before the move actually comes out. There are exceptions to this though - for example, F5, GS and Burning Hammer have similar startup animations to F5, GS and KS in vanilla, although Burning Hammer is slower.

Catch throws all have different startup animations which explain the different execution frames, but have properties that normal throws don't, like being inescapable and being able to beat strikes that are coming out.

The animation for Low Sway Tackle is the same as in vanilla. If you watch, he rears back before running at them. The 40f execution sounds about right.

19. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    2 things, first of all it's 12f in vanilla!! [​IMG]

Second of all can you clarify on your second point on catch throws: "being able to beat strikes that are coming out"?

I'm not sure what is meant by that because in vanilla at least I can interrupt Jeffry's catch throw with a [P] for example. Or did you mean before the active frames of a strike?

20. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Whatever goes active first wins. This hasn't changed since vanilla as far as i can tell.