1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf VF5FS Version A Change Log

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by akai, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

That's why it says 12f in my post. Not that I changed it or anything...

And I'm pretty sure it's what Marly said about catch throws. First to reach active wins.

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Hitbox issues permitting, first to reach active is true.

3. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Why does the giant swing have 10f listed, and not "-"? Does "10" and "-" mean the same thing?

I noticed in vanilla that F5, GS, and KS have a different animation. Wolf does a sort of lunge. Does this animation have a different range than the standard one? I realize this is a vanilla question more than an FS question.

Also, I noticed that there is no perfect giant swing in the move list you posted in the google docs. Is that now gone?

Got it, thanks. Why would anyone use the diamond cutter instead of the catch? Both end in the same direction, and the catch is faster by six frames and has more active frames. It seems catch is strictly better in every way.

Ah that explains it. I hadn't made the connection that this was the move where he runs backwards and then grabs you.

4. Ash_Kaiser

I'm not sure about this myself. Possibly due to the startup animation of it. It is slightly different to the KS/F5/BH one.

I do believe they do have a bit more range on them. It's why the full charge [P]+[K], [4][P], [8][4][2][6]:p+[G] combo worked in Evo (Giant Swing didn't connect).

See the notes on Giant Swing: "80 on fastest input".

Catch does no damage by itself and the followups can be escaped for no damage. Diamond Cutter does 50 points and travels further, hence the longer execution value.

It is possibly the slowest throw in the game, but it covers the most distance of any throw in the game and possibly has the highest amount of active frames of any catch throw in the game. Very easy to see it coming though.

5. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    The giant swing's startup animation is different in final showdown only? Or was it different in vanilla too? I'm confused because you put KS and BH in the same animation category, where as far as I know KS is vanilla only and burning hammer final showdown only.

Are you saying Giant Swing in vf4: evo had less range than it did in vf5:vanilla? I thought in vanilla that giant swing, f5, and KS all had the same range. Am I incorrect? Or are you saying that in vf4:evo, the giant swing didn't have that lunge animation while the other big throws did?

Thanks for your replies on the other topics! Those answered my questions [​IMG]

6. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

VF5: Final Showdown Wolf's Command List (Version A)

The color coding schematic highlights numerous situations.

Blue = Guaranteed Throw Situation

Green = Guaranteed Jab Situation

Yellow = Guaranteed Elbow Situation

Orange = Guaranteed Side Kick Situation

Red = Guaranteed Knee Situation

The "SideData" tab includes frame data for when moves connect in the side turned situation.

7. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Liber, thanks for the work!!

I checked 2_3P, and it should be -4/+4/stagger. Don't know rest of it correct or not.

8. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Thanks. The correction has been made.

Also, if anyone is willing to maintain this particular spreadsheet, let me know and I'll grant you edit access.

9. Ash_Kaiser

Some changes to moves

[4][3][P] should be cr.H on hit and counter hit. Same for [4][P]+[K]+[G] (facing wall). Pretty sure [4][6][6][P] is too, although only on normal hit (and by go into throw, it means the Emerald Frosion ones). Counter hit makes them flip if I remember right.

Also, I'm not sure if they redid the cr.F animation back in R ver.B, but I know that all Low Drop Kicks do the same knockdown animation which seems to be unrecoverable, and the old one in vanilla was a cr.F, so I'm willing to bet it still is.

[3][3][P]+[K] is a slam on hit and counter hit.

[1][P]+[K] is the "Mow Down Chop" and [6][P]+[K] is the "Gasp Kneel Palm Bomb" (those are the official in game names according to AlexMD who checked for me back at SS).

Also, they're "Exploders", not "Exploiders", and they usually use the Engrish term "Sobat" instead of "Savate", but naming can wait until the game comes out.

10. Libertine

I thought that "Exploiders" was a weird name too, but it's how it's spelled in the Masters Guide. As for "Frosion," which I changed from being "Flowsion," I put "Frozen" in its place.

The word sobat makes sense to me, because for some reason I associate the word with a foot. I was wondering why akai changed my translation of "Turn Sobat" for Brad to "Turn Savate!" I'll make the change.

Thanks for the other information as well. Does Low Drop Kick result in a Cr. F on both hit types?

BTW, if you want edit access I can grant it to you.

11. Ash_Kaiser

Like I say with the names, we'll wait for the game to come out before correcting them. Also, I'm pretty sure that some of my names are incorrect (for instance I'm pretty sure "Heaven's Impact" on your list is correct).

I think LDK only causes crumple on CH, stagger on normal hit.

And I'll have edit access if you want to give it me.

12. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Sorry what's the command of the move?

13. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Exploider

Emerald Flowsion
    Emerald Flowsion Variant