1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf's 130 damage combo

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Nemesis5x, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:
    Shang, are you sure you can EDTEG in a -9 situation? /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke?

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

ok, to avoid embarassment, yeah it's joke. Anyways I figured it out by testing. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. ZenMasterZ

ZenMasterZ Active Member

ok, so are there any other moves that deal more than 100 damage?
    i know wolf is capable of dealing major whoopass but do any of you know other combos that dont necessarily begin with : [P][K]+[4][P]+ throw?

4. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

[4][6]+[P]+[K],[P],[P],[4]+[P],[7_]+[P], abuse this vs people who can't tr/qr slam hits.

5. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

100+ damage combo

Jeff's knee > P > P > b,d/f+P+K > u+P will do over 110points on LW's...again use it if your opponent can't tech slams that well and even if they tech it's around 90 points.

6. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

kage's jumonji stance mid kick reversal: REVERSE ~ dash ~ [K]+[G] [hold it] ~ [K][G]+[P][P] ~ if it's wall hit add heavy down attack or [6][2][3][P]+[K] that does around 120-130.

7. ZenMasterZ

ZenMasterZ Active Member

Re: 100+ damage combo

um thanks for the insight guys, but the thing is, i am only interested in knowing the combos that apply to wolf only. i will play as the other players like jeffery and kage later. thanks anyway though. i havent tested out the one Shang gave out, i am assuming that is a wolf combo. i will try it out today and let you know how it is. thankz

8. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

PGS = blatant 100 into wall and non-TR (also a [1]+[K] can connect 2 squares away from wall *training mode measurments* which rises up to 113)

KS ~ [3]+[P]+[G] on non-TRed opponents is over 100

slow GS - WALL - reverse hammer = 100 (no pounce is guarenteed)

the rest are wall combos which go into the 130s etc.. but i assume that's not what u are looking for right?

9. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

after charged [P]+[K], [4_][P] can you struggle fast enough to low punch the throw???

10. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

nope the situation is special so the throws are guarenteed, infact, it's not a struggleable stagger period.. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif plus, echoing what shang mentioned, low P should be the last thing you'd wanna try.^^

however, the B+P can be prevented all together by serious hardcore strugglers. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. ZenMasterZ

ZenMasterZ Active Member

um, well i am not familiar with the terms used by wolf players since i just started playing with him recently. can you tell me what PGS, KS, and GS are?

and i couldnt do the combo that Shang posted. i dont know if its because you have to press [G] after you do the jabs or what, but i just couldnt do it on any of the players, not even the lightweights.

i have discovered [4][3][P]+[4][6][P][K]+[4][6][P][K]+[3_][G][P] does a good 128 damage. though most of the players arent so patient as i had hoped and always interrupt the [4][3][P]. others evade it. its a nice combo, but whats the point of having it if you cant pull it off on anyone?
    i also like the [4][6][P][K]+[4][P]+[3_][G][P]=81 damage. not bad.

12. Ragnafrak

Ragnafrak Well-Known Member

KS = KS check the movelist
    GS = giant swing
    PGS = perfect giant swing (inputted very fast, 100 damage instead of the normal 80, also comes out faster.. u can tell when u do it because the camera zooms in on wolf's back)

shang's combo requires that you input P,G for each punch

so b,f+P+K -> P,G -> P,G -> b+P -> u+P

u might also need to hold forward while doing the punches

13. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i'm not sure that KS is an abberviation, i think it's actually the name of the move.. (270 + P+G)

also, the [4][3]+[P] combo you mentioned would be very unreliable, for the best bet, i think a guarenteed [K][K] alone will raise it 100 odd. (that's if the [4][3]+[P] even hits)

14. ZenMasterZ

ZenMasterZ Active Member

hey, really appreciate the insight guys. i didnt even know that wolf had a PGS. guess i have never done it to know. is there a trick or technique to do it faster or is it simply reliant on practice?

15. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

Just practice, and make sure you roll the stick (or pad) accross the five points ([4][1][2][3][6]) as quickly as possible. It might be frustrating for a while, but you'll get the hang of it the more you play. I get the "perfect" version nearly 100% of the time, and the rare occasions that I miss it is followed by some serious bitching /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif. There is much more room for error with the normal giant swing; as you can be fairly sloppy with your input and still get it. With practice, the PGS will be like 2nd nature.

16. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

meh, when ever i try to KS too fast, it just comes out as a PGS /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif.... either way i ain't complaining, hehe.

even if you get a slow GS, you can still catch up to the same amount of damage if you hit a wall and straight away reverse hammer, so it's not really always a burden.

plus if there was ever a super incredible coincidental specific time you ever needed just 3 frames more than a normal throw time, slow GS is your move! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

17. ZenMasterZ

ZenMasterZ Active Member

man i cant believe am2 didnt put that move in command training like they did all of his other new moves. i always thought wolf's moves were the eziest to do. this is definitely a new challenge for me.

18. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

LOL... just the opposite used to happen to me /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I would go for a PGS, and get a KS instead. Even to this day with Aoi, I'll initiate one of her multi throws and get a 270 by accident, or vica versa. And when the latter occurs, I have to quickly input the follow ups once I realize what just happened. Back to Wolf; a lot of people may not know this, but in version C, a slow giant swing actually takes drinks off of Shun, where a PGS did not. In Evo, they both do now. I actually use the KS every bit as much as the PGS. It's awesome looking, has very good range, and can be followed up on a non TR (for more drmg than PGS). And, it's a nice ring out option when your opponent is close to the ledge, and they're expecting you to go for a ring out via the wrist lock throw (hcb, [P]+[G]).

19. ZenMasterZ

ZenMasterZ Active Member

yeah, no kiddin
    wolf is a master of ring outs. his [1][G][P], [9][G][P], or the GS can kick out opponents who are facing you while your back is towards the end of the ring and KS and [6][3][2][1][4][G][P] are all good for ring outs when its the other way around.

20. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Wall combos can dish out way more than 100 damage but, hard to set up. Specially if your going for a charged shoulder ram starter.