1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

wolf's f+k+g stagger...... any follow-ups?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by BK__, Mar 19, 2002.

1. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

when ever i use it, i find i can't actually do much with it since they stumble quite a distance.. how ever it does seem like a really good opportunity for some sort of combo follow up or low throw? ... i just can't really find anything to do afterwards..

any suggestions? (perhaps with some fair damage)..

2. xDURALx

xDURALx Member

I don't know if this works in VF4, but I imagine it will...

f + K + G
    d + K
    u + K

Does 60 damage I think.

3. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Actually the training covers a combo. you can do f+P for a special crumple, then low throw.

4. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

there are a bunch of follow ups to the ballet kick when it staggers. none are guaranteed, they all rely on you knowing how your opponent is going to recover.

The easiest chain is f+K+G (stagger), b+P (stops stagger), throw.

however, if the opp struggles correctly they can duck the drop elbow (b+P) and apply the damage. an opponent who struggles correctly and guards can be a) tripped (grizzly lariat or low drop kick) b) thrown high or low depending on their position or c) set up for more damage.

If you choose option C then you might want to try the charged chop (P+K and hold) for another stagger or Wolf's b, df+P. Both are excellent. After a stagger you can hit with the body blow (version C only) and then input a low throw but they are easily escaped. combos are better. stagger, uf+P (float) b+P and then choosing between a pick up or a pounce is a nice way to go.

there are many more options depending on how your opponent plays, because its so circumstantial it is much easier for me to just list what I have.

GE

5. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

I imagine you want the most damaging sequence?
    f+K+G, f+P+K, d/f, d/f+P+K+G, d+P+G, GS/KS/SD . Thats about 70~75% of someone's life.
    This is not a combo. The opp. can struggle out after the f+K+G, the f+P+K and escape both throws.
    Wolf definetly has the advantage with 2 staggers and a forced crouch, so it is a good flowchart option to keep in mind.

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

I imagine you want the most damaging sequence?
    f+K+G, f+P+K, d/f, d/f+P+K+G, d+P+G, GS/KS/SD . Thats about 70~75% of someone's life.
    This is not a combo. The opp. can struggle out after the f+K+G, the f+P+K and escape both throws.
    Wolf definetly has the advantage with 2 staggers and a force crouch

well thanks (to everyone)..... i take it the f+p+k sends the opp into a force crouch, though is the d+p+g a definate connection after the low throw? if this is, then i could use it near a wall to get a definate d/f+p+g on the wall crumble... (very, very helpful technique) ^_^

7. MrWhite

The f+P+K does make the opp. force crouch and yes, the pickup is guaranteed after d/f,d/f+P+K+G. The problem with the wall crumble is that you cannot throw a char during their stagger animation. Often you'll push the opp. back into the wall and get a stagger animation and try to throw but get a whiff everytime. If you want to do the wall throw, you'll have to wait 'till the stagger animation ends.

8. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

another note:
    f+P+K and df+P do indeed induce a crouch but unless the opponent does *nothing* you cannot low throw them. treat those moves as set ups and nothing more.

GE

9. MrWhite

This is also part of the flowchart as if you perform this sequence once on someone they will struggle out of the tomahawk chop (f+P+K) the second time around. As far as my experience goes they wont struggle and do a low TE (even then you end up in a 50/50), as much as they will struggle and do a low punch -> shift to low punch parry after the tomahawk chop or another option for the low punch counter is dodge, low throw .

<font color=white>FC</font color=white> : jumping back kick (f+K+G), tomahawk chop (f+P+K), d/f,d/f+P+K+G (into pickup) | low punch parry (d+P+K) (follow up with combo/sequence depending on "knee/switch") | wait a quarter of a second, dodge, low throw | knee (insert combo).

10. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

cool, also.... i was wondering about his u/f+p stagger, other than a throw is there any other nice setups? perhaps f+p+k - low throw?