1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf's Low Punch Cut (dmg questions)

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Throwmasta, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

Ok all the Wolf experts out there:

just wondering what the highest possible GUARANTEED damage is off of the exchange version of low punch cut. The most I'm able to get is 71dmg w/ a [4][6][P]+[K],[P][P],[4][6][P]+[K]. This however, doesn't work on all characters; in fact only a handful. Next is [4][6][P]+[K],[P],[6]+[P],[P] (67dmg); gotta watch the slam recoveries on this one. On heavies, [4][6][P]+[K], low[P],[4][6][P]+[K]. Are there any better options? Yeah I know, I'm greedy...

How bout crazy wall combos involving LPC exchange, [4]+[P], [2][P]+[G] (pick up into wall)?

other than following this up with [6]+[P] for a crumble into another [6]+[P],[P] (or low throw if you want to risk it being escaped), I don't know of any other better options. Anyone?

Shining Wizard will warrant you 66, 67, or 70 dmg depending on how much the initial knee connects for (21,22, or 25dmg). The Shining Wizard itself ALWAYS does 45dmg. What determines the damage variants of the initial knee? Wolf's stance? What hand the opp. is low punching with? both? Also, will Wolf always get the same amount of dmg when he LPC's special low punch moves; such as Akira's low back fist, or one of Lions special low punches (?). Are these also stance/left/right hand specific? I have a tough time catching some of those, as the standard low [P] is much more predictable.

Sorry if this post is a pain in the ass; I'm bored right now, and genuinely curious. If someone has a link that answers some or all of these, please post it; I'd be very interested in checking it out. Thanks in advance!

2. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

What's up dude.

I'm pretty sure you can buffer backdash after the exchange and the [4][6]+[P]+[K] will whiff. Even if it can't whiff, they can take the hit crouching and the float height will suck, you'll get like a low K.

Just do [4]+[P], [8]+[P]/[3]+[P]+[K] or [4]+[K]+[G][K] if you want to encourage a tech.

The knee version damage is probably decided like reversals. You take the base damage of the knee (15), and add half the damage of the move you're reversing.

Pickup into the wall doesn't guarantee anything, it just puts them in a true 50/50. They can either guard or not guard. If they try to evade, attack, or whatever, they'll get hit on normal hit (and the lifebar damage will look like it combos from the pickup).

3. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

Thanks Dandy,

So that is why Burun Burun always opted for [4]+[P] instead of [4][6][P]+[K] after the LPC exchange in NYC. The CPU never crouches or backdashes out of a short shoulder after LPC; and I usually get a decent float. I didn't realize it was possible to do those things. Thanks dude!

Howz things in Ohio? Tell all the boyz I said hello /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Yeah, definitely like what Dandy said, use [4][P] when you go behind them after LPC, but there is something else interesting. If the opponent likes to duck so you whiff your combos, like Kage, you can do [1][P] for a back stagger or you can try a low back throw.

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Pickup into the wall doesn't guarantee anything, it just puts them in a true 50/50. They can either guard or not guard. If they try to evade, attack, or whatever, they'll get hit on normal hit (and the lifebar damage will look like it combos from the pickup).

[/ QUOTE ]

it's distance dependant becasue it relies on what recovery wolf is at *after* the throw animation is finished.

if you are too close then the opponent hits the wall too early, wolf has less time to recover and then attack.

if you are futhur away, wolf has finished the animation just in time for the opp to hit the wall and the f+p (or whatever) is guaranteed.

on a side note, the ground throw after B+P here has a funny random bug to it. if you dash and pick the opp up as normal, they will be tossed forwards, but if you dont dash in (or the smallest dash you can) but somehow time the pick up, he picks the opp up the other direction and tosses him behind him.

it's also a ring-out tool if b+k+GK doesnt have the distance sussed.

EDIT: the b+p being ducked seems character specific, so far im sure of kage, and pretty sure of vanessa too. i think on the majority it's guarenteed.