1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolfs new throws: Who's wrestler does it belong to?

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by RagingSilver, Oct 18, 2006.

1. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

So in the past few VF games, it's been quite obvious that Wolf has been using finishing moves from popular wrestlers in the business. So far in VF5, I've seen two new throws but I don't recall who uses them.

1) the pick up on shoulder helicopter type throw
    2) The new ground throw, back side down and shoulders towards Wolf

Anyone know who they belong too?

2. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

3. powerincarnate

powerincarnate Well-Known Member

Wolf has two new throws that I know of. One is picking the guy up sort of like a power bomb and then spinning him in the air as he throws him so that the person is spinning through the air as they fall on the ground. I can't remember who that belongs too.

The other is the F5 which is Brock Lesner's finishing maneuver. it is picking the person up and placed on the shoulders like in a Samoan drop, or like John Cena's FU, or like a Lex Luger's move and then spinning the person up and ending in what is essentially a DDT or like Randy Orton's finisher. That move is a 270 move new in VF5.

The others, I haven't paid much attention to so I don't know.

4. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

hmm, the helicopter throw is there but I can't thnk of a current wrestler that uses it today. Most of wolfs throws are from wrestlers finishers today.

As for the new ground throw it's in this video I think: http://www.hk-vf.net/mt/blog/2006/10/fn_03179.html

the opponent is on the ground, shuolder towards your feet and facing upwards to the sky. Wolf picks him up from that position on the floor and turns it into a elbow drop to the chest back to the ground. I think the big show had this move before he changed it's look a bit to a leg drop.

5. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

F5 and the ground throw animation are both in FT guys (the camera angles may make them look different in 5)
    the new throw I've seen so far is the rick flair type slaps.

6. Bojadesignor

Bojadesignor Member

Re: Wolfs new throws: Who's wrestler does it belon

@RagingSilver: I suppose you mean /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif Turbo Drop II. That was surprising to me, because... it's the real Wolf Hawkfield's finishing move!
    Ok, let me explain... does someone recall that in 1998 All Japan Pro Wrestling gave the Wolf Hawkfield gimmick to Jim Steele? He did his job well, although he was clearly too heavy to perform some of the more agile maneuvers that the game character does. But he added some nice moves to Wolf's arsenal, most notably the Turbo Drops. The first is a spinning powerslam. The second starts with a gutwrench, and then Steele/Wolf raises his opponent on opposite shoulder and uses the momentum to spin, releasing opponent in midair. I wonder why Sega choose to add this nice throw only now... but to me it's welcome.
    The second move you wrote about is the Final Cut, now used by japanese wrestler Kaz Hayashi as his finisher.
    Most of Wolf's new moves belong to japanese wrestlers, particularly Kenta Kobashi (ALL the chop attacks, Half Nelson Suplex, Burning Hammer, Grand Sword) and Mitsuharu Misawa (ALL of the elbow attacks + Emerald Frosion & variations). Even the Shotgun Chop (originally Machine-gun Chop, a little pun on names...) is a Kenta Kobashi's move, not Ric Flair's. Wolf even copies the "burn-up taunt" that Kobashi always does in his matches before repeatedly slapping his opponent.

7. KristianTNA

KristianTNA Active Member

Good explanation bojadesignor /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

"AJPW featuring Virtua" was an arcade wrestling title back in 1998, featured the likes of AJPW guys along with Wolf, Jeffry...(Kage was on the side of the arcade machine art too, but wasn't in the game he was in the sequel for the dreamcast release of Giant Gram of which this series became) As part of the mutual cooperation between SEGA and AJPW Jim Steele was asked to dress up as the Wolf Hawkfield character at a promo show for the game for the release of "AJPW F. Viruta" on the Sega Saturn. He and AJPW received a lot of press coverage for this, so AJPW ran with the ball basically and had Jim Steele wrestle as Wolf Hawkfield.

I am disappointed that in VF Evo, Wolf had the "Angels Wings". finisher of "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels in TNA Wrestling, and who is in character as "Curry Man" in Japan.
    The move execution is the same for what is now the Pedigree.
    Angels Wings was much better!

[​IMG]
    hope a animated gif works here.
    Not the best Angels Wings but gives a good demonstration. how any lifts Samoa Joe like this is beyond me (even if he did jump)

8. Spuckuk

Spuckuk Member

The ground pickup move is a finisher called the "Final Cut".

Wolf got a hell of a lot of Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuhara Misawas moves in this one too, youtube for em westling fans /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

9. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I've always loved the Burning Hammer. It was always my back finisher in No Mercy on the N64, and love even more the fact that Wolf has it in VF5. I would have preferred the Death Valley Driver instead of the Burning Driver, and I still wish they'd bring back the Steiner's Screwdriver, but his current Jackhammer is awesome, so I'm not too annoyed.

Hopefully in VF6, they'll give Wolf the Cop/Gringo Killer and the Border Toss.

10. Spuckuk

Spuckuk Member

Love the Emerald frosion/Emerald frosion custom, even though I find it almost impossible to hit with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Why couldnt the hit throw command have been a bit simpler?

11. Ash_Kaiser

I'm half with you. I can hit the normal Emerald Frosion with ease - use Yakuza Kick (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif) from a charged /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif instead of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, but I've only hit the Brainbuster variation online once. Fastest input Giant Swing isn't too hard (I remember I got you with it online), but for some reason, the two fastest input EF moves aren't as easy.

It may just be the controller. The 360 d-pad is horrible for half circles and 270 throws in my opinion.

12. TojiDestro

TojiDestro Well-Known Member

Well, Jeffry already has a variation of the Border Toss aka Megabomb, he just doesnt launch too far.

13. Gallows_AGUT

Gallows_AGUT Well-Known Member

Man, I'd stick the border toss as a facing wall throw. That'd be a solid ring out, and major damage against a regular wall type move, but I'm sadistic like that.

I'd also love to see Wolf get the Side Effect.

14. riskVSreward

riskVSreward Member

Until reading this I didn't know you could hit the EF off another move, thanks for that! I wonder if it works because /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif produces the same stun as /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Do any other hit throws have multiple opening attacks?

As far as input speed, I find that I can hit the fastest version of GS and EF a little more than half the time. I am using a Hori however, which is much better for circular inputs as you've said.

15. KristianTNA

KristianTNA Active Member

Its been a while seen this thread saw a post.
    But Ash i see youre a TNA fan (im intending to go to the coventry show and also see NOAH first outside Japan tour the next after again at the coventry skydome)

In VF Evo (and VF4 i think) Wolf had a stalling Suplex/brainbuster for the same input used for the Jackhammer. however you press P+G when you have them up there you'd jackhammer them. Which was great not only gave a choice but ultimately ideal for ring positioning.

Steiners screwdriver would be a welcome return. so would the angle/benoit multiple german suplexs of VF4

Wolf also in VF Evo had a "Nail in the coffin/Falcon Arrow/Michinoku Driver-esque move for what is now a Snapmare in VF5.
    (Ive a replay saved where i hit Kage with it, right on the edge of the ring and looks like his neck hits the ring edge then collapses outside.

16. Ash_Kaiser

Yeah, I'm a TNA fan, and I'm slightly happier about the way TNA's booking is improving. Lethal's getting a huge push (he's improved so much since I first saw him in TNA), 3D and have been amusing me greatly, and Johnny Devine is getting air time through them. The women's division has been pretty good too (Kong and Kim's matches have been great). Haven't seen much of Kaz or LAX recently though which is a minus (and the feud with Kaz and Dustin Rhodes needs to die).

They need some new blood in the heavyweight title scene. I know Joe's going to end up with the title at Lockdown, but I want to see people who have been with TNA for a while with the belt. They're going to give it to Robert Roode at some point, as he's approaching the upper echelons. I assume once Tomko and AJ lose the tag titles, it won't be long until the former enters the title picture.

Also, Rhino's back, which is always a plus. Him and Christian for me were TNA's two best aquisitions from the WWE (including Angle

I'm a little upset about the fact that I'll be missing both TNA and NOAH shows in Coventry, because I'll be going back to America at that time. I really want to see the NOAH show a lot (now that Benoit's dead, there's only Kobashi at the top of my list), but I'd rather see my girlfriend more.

However, enough TNA ranting.

It was only in Evo that the Brainbuster had the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif command. From VF1 to VF3, it was /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, in VF4 it was /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (which from Evo onwards got replaced by DDT).

Jackhammer in both 4 and Evo had the same command (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif - the first part was S.S.D. in 4, BB in Evo). It then just became /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif in FT. It did however get the much cooler looking walking back animation.

Backdrop Driver is a cool move, but it's nowhere near as annoying as Double German. My best friend hated that move when I did it to him.

Finally, I'm sure Falcon Arrow is different to the Michinoku Driver. Falcon Arrow starts off with a vertical suplex lift whereas Wolf's is a body slam lift. Falcon Arrow is pretty similar to Screwdriver, except for the way the opponent lands.