1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf's real wrestling inspirations

Discussion in 'General' started by Zass, May 16, 2012.

1. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Here is a list of Wolf's moves (VF5 vanilla) and the wrestling moves they were inspired from.

Guillotine Drop [8][K]: Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop

F5 [2][6][8][4][P][+][G]: Brock Lesnar's F5

Pedigree [1][1][P][+][K][+][G]: Tripe H's Pedigree

Toe Kick Stunner [4][K][+][G](hit)[P][+][G]: Steve Austin's Stunner

Thrust Kick [3][K][+][G]: Shawn Michael's Sweet Chin Music

Smackdown Bottom [4][3][P][+][G]:The Rock's Rock Bottom

Piercing Elbow [3][P][+][K]: The Rock's People's Elbow

DDT [4][P][+][G]: Jake the Snake's DDT

Jackhammer [3][3][P][+][G]: Goldberg's Jackhammer

Clothesline [4][6][6][P]: JBL's Clothesline from Hell

If I've missed any, please let me know. One that was mentioned on eventhubs thread below but wasn't sure which move this corresponded to was the RKO. Not sure about Kurt Angle's slam either.

Inspiration for this list came from:
    http://forums.eventhubs.com/viewtopic.php?f=221&t=11134&sid=8da925f0662444986b3effe9281c51bf

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Ash will likely come and blow this thread up. There are tonnes of his moves inspired by Japanese wrestlers!

3. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

It's Ash's time to shine! Let's see. When 4 came out, he was using a lot of Western moves, but since 5 (and even more in FS), they've moved back to the East for their moves. Hell, he's mostly a mix of two Japanese wrestlers who's moves you see him using. Those two being Kenta Kobashi and Mitusharu Misawa.

Burning Hammer, Burning Driver, Half Nelson Suplex, Grand Sword, Burning Sword (low side throw in R/FS), most of the chop moves and the Shotgun Chop (probably) are all Kobashi's.

All Emerald Frosion variants, most of Wolf's elbow strikes, and the Tiger Driver versions (low throws in old games and FS) are Misawa's.

Hiroshi Hase may not have invented the Giant Swing, but he's very well known for it (and doing it for minutes at a time in matches too).

The Shining Wizards are Keiji Mutoh's (the Great Muta).

Falcon Arrow was Hayabusa's.

Backdrop Driver was Dr. Death Steve Williams' finisher.

Final Cut was used by the Big Show briefly.

Frankensteiner and S.S.D. (Steiner Screwdriver) were Scott Steiner's.

Calf Branding was made famous by Dick Murdoch.

I'll update this post with more vids and other moves if I remember to do so tomorrow.

Finally, a short note. His clotheslines are more likely to be Stan Hansen than JBL. Hansen was one of the biggest Gaijin wrestlers in Japan at the time (along with Brody and Vader). The Western Lariat is still one of, if not the best lariat in the history of wrestling. Bradshaw himself has stated that he modelled his style on Hansen.

4. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Stan"The Lariat"Hansen

5. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

Stan Hansen isn't dead.

6. Gordon_Daniels

Gordon_Daniels Active Member

While there isn't much more that I can add here, I would suggest that Wolf's low dropkick was also inspired by Keiji Mutoh.

Also the Dragon Screw Leg Whip from the Ultimo Dragon.

7. Xykes

Xykes New Member

I'm not sure the command, but he has the Hellevator by Matt Morgan...and, I swear I've heard Japanese announcers even refer to it as such:

8. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Isn't that just a fire arrow? Someone correct me.

9. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Yeah, as Arstal has said, Hansen's still alive. He's retired. Ironically, Dr. Death is dead though.

Also, the Exploders (normal and Wrist Clutch) are Jun Akiyama's.

Fire Arrow? Never heard of that one. There's a "Falcon Arrow" which Wolf does have ([6][P]+[G] from Front Face Lock in FS), but it's greatly different from the Ascension/Hellevator. The only difference between Wolf's and Matt Morgan's is that Morgan does his as a Rock Bottom style ending, whereas Wolf does a sitout one.

Also, the command is [6][3][2][1][4][P]+[G]. It replaces the old Turbo Drop which was Jim Steele's move, a man who incidentally played Wolf Hawkfield in All Japan Pro Wrestling for a period of time.

10. sibarraz

sibarraz Well-Known Member

Stan Hansen died 5 years ago, but as soon as the death saw him with the elbow pad, he decided that maybe it wasn't stan's time yet