1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf's rolling neck throw??

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Feb 16, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Finally, a good vf message board (maybe the only one??). I've only been playing vf3 since Christmas; however, I'm pretty confident that I've seen and used every single move that Wolf has except for that darn rolling neck throw!! Does the tomahawk catch have to MC? If not, what are the conditions required to make it work? Do you have to hit f,p+g immediately following the t. catch, or is there a slight hesitation. Either way, it never comes out afterwards. By the way, I don't have anyone to play the game with on a serious level. A few friends play occasionally, but not as much as I would like (sob, sob). Well there's always the training mode and cpu I guess, but even the cpu on hardest isn't very challenging. This may seem pointless to all of you, but for the few months I've been playing vf3, I'm still highly amused by giant swinging and wristlock throwing the cpu (human opponents are even more fun obviously) out of the ring. I also love Jeffrey's double head butt into knee bash throw. The rush of being able to almost consistantly pull these moves off after a throw counterable situation hasn't worn off yet (does it ever). I just wish I had some competition instead of playing the cpu all of the time. I miss the good ol'days of playing vf2 in the arcades. Anyway, enough of my rambling; assistance on performing Wolf's rolling neck throw after his tomahawk catch would be greatly appreciated (I've never seen it!).

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I believe the rolling neck throw requires a Major Counter. I was just trying it again to reconfirm and I have a helluva time trying to do it against an idle opponent, but was much easier with the MC.

Here's a snapshot of my command output:

<pre><font face=courier>
    uf 3
    uf+P 5
    uf 2
    f 2
    f+P+G 4
    f+G 1
    f 1
    </font></pre>

So on the major counter, wait about 1/2 a second before inputting f+P+G. For a visual queue, watch your opponent carefully -- after the uf+P they sorta crumple down on one knee and then they begin to rise back to their feet; as soon as you see their head move upwards to face you, that's when you hit the f+P+G (much like a visual queue for Jeff's TKoD).

I should add that the above was tried on the CPU, and as such, may not work on a human who struggles. Jeff's TKoD can be escaped quite easily in the same manner.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Brian...

Where do you live ???

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Re: Brian...

Well, with good intentions I'll spare Myke some of his time 'cuase I figure he'll definitely point it out to you. Click on his name and you'll see his profile (all registered users have a profle). True, some people don't post their location, but Myke has his posted so I'll let you discover that one for yourself/images/icons/cool.gif.

5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Well, actually..

There's no way to find out anything about Brian because he isn't registered!

__
    m y k e

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Re: Well, actually..

My bad, maybe I didn't look on the thread.... I thought the person in question was you, Myke... I thought he was wondering where you lived/images/icons/crazy.gif. But I guess he was referring to Brian/images/icons/smile.gif...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Scranton, Pennsylvania. Are you anywhere close?!!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Myke, you stated that you have a very difficult time performing the move on an IDLE OPPONENT. Does that mean it IS possible to accomplish the rolling neck throw WITHOUT a MC, or is a MC on an attacking opponent THE ONLY WAY possible for the throw to come out? (in other words, can it be performed in the training mode if the opponent is on MANNEQUIN). Thanks in advance for your help and the command output for the move.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Not really... Montreal.

10. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Instead of saying I had a difficult time doing it, I probably should've said that I could not do it at all against an idle opponent (mannequin in training). OK, I just checked Gamest Mook Act 1, and I believe it says that the Tomahawk Chop has to be a Counter Hit for the Neck Rolling Throw to connect.

__
    m y k e

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Wolf's rolling neck throw CAN be performed against an idle opponent. The move can actually be performed two ways: The first being u/f+P, then f+P+G while the opponent is recovering (I don't know the exact frame count of the opponent's recovery), the second, and easiest way, is u/f+P, then do a quick dash (f+E), then f+P+G - this brings you into close proximity and seems to give you a longer "window" to do the RNT. It also practically GUARANTEES the throw, assuming you perform it quickly enough...