1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

wolf's u/f+p ~ f+p+g>> is it not guarenteed?

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by BK__, May 13, 2002.

1. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

well, after it being an official move, i found that it was'nt at all reliable, so i have some basic questions...

1. can it work at neutral position? or do you have to make a small forwards dash toward the f+p+g? (i find only works)

2. is the u/f+p struggled easily? it seems though it may just be my timing...

just small queries, nothing major.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    1. can it work at neutral position? or do you have to make a small forwards dash toward the f+p+g? (i find only works)

No need to dash at all.

2. is the u/f+p struggled easily? it seems though it may just be my timing...

Yes, you can "struggle" after the uf+P to avoid the throw. Just to elaborate, you don't actually "struggle" like you would for a stagger, you just need to input something quickly during the short window where Wolf can enter the throw.

The throw in this hit-throw sequence, like Jeffry's TKoD, is not guaranteed after the hit. The timing for the throw is the same too -- enter the throw input as soon as they begin to recover from the hit (their head begins to rise).

The cool thing about the uf+P is that it has a slight ability to go over low attacks (Wolf quickly raises his front leg before the chop). A nice okizeme tool against low rising attacks!

Have fun.

3. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

thanks for that, the u/f+p comes into my play quite alot, i'm still finding other possibilities in use with it.. i've been toying around with using b+p straight after and following it up with a ground pick up or HCB+p,p , though i don't get to play against the right competition so i never get to really know wether it is 100% guarenteed.... thanks again for the input.