1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Words Of Wisdom.

Discussion in 'General' started by samtheseed, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Re: on momentum

I just don't know eileen's wake up game other than baiting the opponent to do a rising attack and hopping back. I Haven't seen any vids of even the best eileen's doing anything like kage's 9K+G on wake up either. He used to be my main too and it was a great move for that. Eileen dosen't really have a move that is quite as safe as kage's. After looking at her movelist again I've noted her fastest move that fits the bill is 44frames long and it's -6 on block and -1 if it's on hit. It's only usefull if it's on CH so I'd have to know the attack is coming and my opponent would have to be oblivious to my winding up of the move AKA beating the attack is not an option with her. Blocking it however seems like another option since I'm on enough advantage for atleast a PK counter.

2. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

9K+G is safe on guard but it has a very slow execution. In fact it takes 56 frames. Still it's very useful in okizeme (wake-up). One of the benefits of this move is that it has 4 Act frames and makes it perfect for oki.

Eileen's 46P+K has similar advantages and properties, perfect for oki. It is also half-circular so it's even better than kage's 9K+G in that regard. The best part is that can also be cancelled.

3. Sikarios22

Sikarios22 Member

This seems like a good thread to post my question instead of just opening up a new one. I need words of widsom on executing 2_6 and 4_3 type inputs before certain throws and attacks. In the heat of battle I can't seem to input these without accidentely making it a quarter circle or some such. Is it just a matter of practicing the locked move in Dojo or does anyone grip the joystick a certain way that's compliant to these moves?

4. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

Let the stick go to neutral for an instant.

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

You don't need to go to neutral, a quarter circle motion should work.

Sikarios22, why not give a specific example of a command you're attempting, and what does it end up being? Only by seeing the result of your attempt can we give you more specific help.

Posts like "I'm having trouble with..." are too general and don't invite easy or quick answers.

6. Sunabozu

Sunabozu Member

The Art of War by Sun Tzu is a veritable tome of knowledge for war in all forms, even in fighting games.

Here's some choice quotes:

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle."

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."

"Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective."

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near."

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

"Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."

"The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy."

"Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy."

"To a surrounded enemy, you must leave a way of escape."

"Speed is the essence of war. Take advantage of the enemy's unpreparedness; travel by unexpected routes and strike him where he has taken no precautions."

Heh, got a little out of hand there. At this rate I'm gonna quote the whole book. But yeah, there you go. It should be rather apparent how most of these concept can be applied to your VF game.