1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Words on PS2 Fighters and VF4

Discussion in 'Console' started by Akira Yukii, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Akira Yukii

Akira Yukii Active Member

As most loyal gamers have seen. Playstation 2's fighting genre has taken off to an unexpected WEAK start. Street Fighters EX3 was all to shunnable. Tekken Tag was fun. For about three days. DOA:2 is an excuse for bondage and sexual basicness. I've been playing "video games" for a damned long time and I'm not impressed with the plethora of blasphemy we respective fighting gamers deserve. However. Virtua Fighter Four looks somewhat promising, from the barrage of screen shots I'm sure most of us have observed. Kage. Never. Has. Looked. So. Damned. Sweet. Akira, my personal favorite is finally getting some life (Literally). Foot prints in the snow? Nice. But, my warning is issued. In older previous VFs, the combo system suffers. Big time. There pretty much was No plot. Finally, will we be able to see some other elements? It's next gen, I think it's time to know what the hell is up with the Bryants? Why are they fighting? Time to take another step in fighting game history. Remember. It's one thing to make a game with "up to par" graphics off a franchise that's been around a while..

But.
    It's another thing to make a game legend.
    Work some magic, sega.
    Respond if you have any input.
    -Z'

2. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Two points:
    Firstly, I don't think VF's plot is really very important to the overall quality of the game. And, secondly, what do you mean when you say VF's combo system 'suffers big time'? Compared to what?
    Also, I think Tekken Tag is a pretty fun game; and it certainly has more of a lifespan than three days! :)

3. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Now I agree with the new guy on Tekken Tag after playing T3 for so long(before VF) the only reason I played TT was that Tekken Bowl rocked.

P.S. VF has the best combo system of any game 3D game I have played.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

4. Akira Yukii

Akira Yukii Active Member

This is out of the way. But I DO Appologize for using examples outside of SEGA and Virtua Fighter. I'll go to Capcom.com for any SF talk. IF this brought along any problems with any of you, again, I appologize. I'm all around.

Let's just say that exclusitivity is poison for all gamers.
    Fighters are awesome, so experimenting is the way to play.

Peace.
    -Steve.

"In fighting games, it's always better to fight defensively. This allows taking advantage of jump ins with a nice fulfilling uppercut special."

5. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

No need for apologise, but it is customary here for any talk not related directly to any of the VF games to be left to the confines of the General Forum. Jus' so you know...