1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

World Cup Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by nxw0016, May 29, 2002.

1. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: World Cup Links

Damn...another 2 goals ruled out by the ref... /versus/images/icons/mad.gif
    Wonder if they have anything against Italy...
    It's 4 goals already that were disallowed
    They should allow the ref to see the replay when something really unclear happen

Thanks God..Italy survived /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

2. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

phew.... Italy got their ass saved! I don't know what you guys think but they really did not play very well against Mexico.

Watched the China vs Turkey game this morning.... well, again, several inches away from a goal /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

The most commonly used VF4 move in soccer: Kage's running K /versus/images/icons/smile.gif (except those soccer kick pounces)

3. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

Poland - USA
    3 : 0

YES!!!!!! One more to go!!!

4. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Poland - USA 3:1 foo~... should've been 4:1 though /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. nxw0016

Now this time it's USA's ass saved by Korea !

Portugal really played a very very stupid game against Korea, they really blew their chances by "stalking for a 0-0 draw" too early. Bet they must be regreting for not giving it 100% when they were desperate for a goal with 2 men down in the later second half. Getting that two red cards was also stupid.
    Anyway, Japan and Korea have kept that host countries good record going.

6. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

OH YEAH!!
    Dog stew for everyone! It's on me!

7. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

<font color="cc6633"> Italy will have their toughest match Tuesday when they play Korea. </font color> The fan's constant chanting of: <font color="ffcc33"> "Dae-han Min-guk,"</font color> which means Republic of Korea. The celebration is now at a high level and the TV in Seoul keeps showong winning moments for Korean Team while Queen's <font color="ffccoo"> " We Are The Champions"</font color> plays in the background.
    The US was sent to school and lucked out to survive. <font color="996633"> Can Korea or Poland win the whole enchilada?</font color> <font color="red">

8. imf

imf Well-Known Member

England, IMO is the strongest team that I've had the chance to see play this Wolrd Cup. Their organization in their defensive 3rd of the field is outstanding. And they are very offensively minded once they do have possesion of the ball. With the patience and mental toughness that they displayed against Argentina, and the skill to burn a team like Denmark, England is fun to watch. If they do maych up with Brazil next that's going to be one heck of a game.

USA vs Mexico 2:25 Monday morning! Who's staying up with me? /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

9. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Anyone else watching this Ireland game (VS Spain)? Extra time now, and it's getting exciting /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

This is what the World Cup is all about /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

Now all I want is an Irish victory /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Hey, I can support two teams, can't I? /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. Obie

Obie New Member

moby suxor!

hi MOBY U SUXOR /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

AND HOLLAND WILL WIN!!
    will they?

11. Kaneda

Kaneda Member

Soccar is cool! /versus/images/icons/cool.gif Go to Anipike! <font color="red"> </font color>

12. nxw0016

USA 2:0 Mexico!!!!!!!!

USA beat Mexico! What a surprise!

My pick of winner: 1. Brazil 2. Spain 3. Germany
    These were my three picks after the group competition. However I won't be surprised if any one of the two host countries is in the semis.

13. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: USA 2:0 Mexico!!!!!!!!

Damn...Japan lost /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    Well, at least they got to last 16

14. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Turkey and Korea advance .

15. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

Korea advances over Italy! ITALY!!!!

HOMEBOY!!!!!
    OH YEAH!

See, dog meat beats tomato sauce anyday!!! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Great kick arse game. Best I've seen yet in the world cup!!! Kick ass play by both teams.

16. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Re: Thursday 11:30 PDT, Brazil vs. UK

What a dilemma. My fav team from 98 versus my new fav team for 02. Gonna be a great game.

17. nxw0016

Re: Thursday 11:30 PDT, Brazil vs. UK

Brazil vs England

I give Brazil a slight edge over England. (by the way, it's England, not UK /versus/images/icons/smile.gif )

Try to predict this: Senegal vs. Turkey ---- seems like Senegal is in a zone this time.... however Turkey has some great luck in this tournament so far. I will guess that Senegal will win. But a close call...

18. nxw0016

Italy -- the worst luck team of the tourney?

Don't know what's wrong with Italy but they seemed to have received more bad calls from the referees than any other teams in the World Cup Korea/Japan.

Four goals were disallowed in the group competition. The two against Mexico seemed to be good calls but the two against Croatia.... especially the off-side one is really questionable.

Then came today's match vs Korea.... a challenge in the penalty box from Korean defender was called as a dive. I thought at least the referee could let the play go on without calling any foul.

How about USA's "hand of God" ? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

19. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: Italy -- the worst luck team of the tourney?

punch of God u mean....

I think it's high time soccer start embracing trail by video when it comes to ref's decisions in crucial moments.

It's too important for all parties involved....too heavy a burden for one man to bear.

BTW, I quite agree with the ref's decision last night. The way I saw it...he faked the trip and was caught out.

But on another note...man..watching italy go out really uhmmm...happy for Korea yes I was...but..gah, italy.............. /versus/images/icons/ooo.gif

20. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Re: Italy -- the worst luck team of the tourney?

I think that last call was total bullshit. There have been *SOOO* many fake dives in the game, and to give him a yellow card in the 2nd overtime. I really hope Spain pounds Korea, as they've really pissed me off this tournament. The guy that scored their winning goal not only has some shitty hair, but a bad attitude. Anyone that would do an ice-skating dance when scoring against the US is a nimrod. Their ice-skaters need to learn how to stay in their lane and not disqualify themselves.

anyways, UK vs. Brazil, then the USofA vs. Germany. Big day Friday, and I've got the day off. Will play VF4Evo all day, then watch football all night.