1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

World Cup Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by nxw0016, May 29, 2002.

1. baobab

baobab Well-Known Member

XBL:
    surgical donuts
    Re: Thursday 11:30 PDT, Brazil vs. UK

"Why is it that American's have changed the name to lots of sports? I honestly want to know. With ice hockey, it's like the people who decided to call it 'hockey' got together and said, "wait a minute, we don't play that grass crap, let's override the word 'hockey' and use it as the new name for ice hockey. There, it's official!" No? "

JEEZ...somebody is a hair touchy. Besides that, it was prolly the Canadians who changed it from the Queens "ice hockey" to the current "hockey".

2. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Re: Fan sets self on fire!

If he survives he really will be a DIE HARD fan

3. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Don't take it so seriously. Most of the time, I'm just fooling (though I admit my sarcasm can be annoying and can seem more serious than I intend it to). Truth be known, I don't care at all whether it's hockey or ice hockey /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

Fuck Rivaldo...and fuck Brazil for making argentina happy....

5. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

No fuck Beckham for being such a crap overpriced player .

6. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

Fuck Rivaldo regardless.

7. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

Free Food in the Korean restuarants

if you didn't know, and if you are in NYC or somewhere like that, most of the korean restuarants serve free food following the korea wins. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif you should have seen flushing after the korea/spain game. it's like you were in seoul.

8. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

congrats to germany

great game vs korea.... germany was the better team. but, man, what a run korea had!!!

9. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Re: congrats to germany

Can anyone feel the "we dont expect Turkey to win" vibe /versus/images/icons/wink.gif ?

10. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Brazil vs. Turkey

<font color="33ffff">Brazil and Turkey are both in same Group C, so--- I'm surprised to see this match.</font color> Sort of like US and Canadian VF4 players against Japan. An unexpected pleasure. <font color="red"> Hot tempered</font color> sums up both teams. Emre braves a challenge from Edilson Is this VF or soccer! /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

11. Godzilla

Godzilla Active Member

12. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

A very nice game by Korea and Turkey(a)! The overall game was intense (And the very first goal was surprising)... However, there was one more important thing to me that made the game better: Sportsmanship!

It was so nice to see all the players from both teams hold hands and greet the audience, while exchanging greetings among themselves too. You get the feeling that, despite rivalry and competetion some people will stil not forget the good aspects of sports played among people with varying cultures and interests. Well done to both teams, and I hope some of the other bigger teams learn from today's match and show us a great match with all style, skill, and the side dishes including sportsmanship, feelings, and Fun!

By the way, I should not forget the Korean audience for their support of, not only their team, but also some other teams including their rivals (Shown in/after today's match). Audiences like this should get all respect /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I hope to see a nice final match. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

13. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Man, did baku not call that Brazil win from the very begining. They wuz pimp this year.[6_][K] GOOOAAAALLLL!!!!

14. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Brazil...

Wow.. after a month of excitement, it's all over!! Finally I can get back to my normal sleeping schedule LOL.