1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Would appreciate some help...

Discussion in 'Akira' started by SuperSonicSundae, Feb 28, 2015.

1. SuperSonicSundae

SuperSonicSundae New Member

So I hopped back on my ps2 and popped in evo so I could practice using Akira. I don't know if this has been answered before but I'm going to ask anyway because I'm having extreme difficulty with this problem. You see in tutorial 21-c the game tells you to practice breaking rising attacks. The move the tell you to use for this is Akira's shoulder tackle but I keep failing miserably due to the fact that the sarah dummy they use for this tutorial keeps changing her rising attacks. I would appreciate any help in completing this tutorial.

2. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

it shouldn't matter, if vf4 is anything like 5, then you need to time the shoulder to hit on the same frame as the rising attack, i look for when the opponent is just getting up off the ground then BLAM. In vf, when two moves hit on the same frame, the move that does higher damage wins, since akira's shoulder does WTF damage, he'll always win if you time it right

3. SuperSonicSundae

Thanks. I guess it's a simple matter of practicing the timing then. It doesn't really matter what attack so long a it breaks 21 damage. I guess I'll keep at it.

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yep, from what I can gather from your posts, the exercise is about what is commonly called 'crushing' rising attacks. If you time an attack that does more damage to hit on the same frame as opponents attack, the attack that does more damage wins. Because of rising attack situation, you usually have enough time to use slower moves to coincide with opponents rising attack.

This however means the timing window can be as short as 1/60th of a second usually. Its just a matter of timing. Unfortunately its harder in older VF's because attacks usually have very few active frames there. (The more active frames they have, the easier they are to time vs opponents attack. Final showdown has some super-easy ones)

5. SuperSonicSundae

I'm grateful for all the assistance. I've definitely noticed that a lot of things that I like to do in VF5 of VF5FS do not translate well when I jump back into VF4EVO. If it offers any clarity into the situation I'm using a regular dualshock 2. While I've done this before with many other characters there is something about Akira's attacks that make me feel I would execute them better with a stick.