1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Would you like a mod mode in VF?

Discussion in 'General' started by Adamay, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

In the history of video games mods have been the innovators of new genres of passionate fans. The MOBAs, the Battle Royales,the Counter Strikes have generated millions around the world just from the amazing minds of modders.

In the FGC there's not been a mod movement per se but games like Soul Calibur have refined the strangely addictive character creation mode with "Create a Soul" that even attracted non fighting game casuals to try it.

Being VF the innovator of many technologies since it's inception. Would you like to see a mode where you can create your very own character and map? I know that VF5 had huge variety of consumable cosmetic items to add to your character but it's different than creating your very own martial artist. Of course having this will result of the creation of some wacky abominations but this can be avoided by an option to toggle between the standard and custom for competitive play.

Many people hated the uneven stages of VF3 and it's understandable that it must be kept out of competitive play but it would be awesome to have the option to have uneven versions of the normal stages just for fun and content and bring back the underwater stage of VF2 and add a moon stage too! Do the "everyone/everything is here" from Smash bros. approach to content and not fall short like the launch of Street Fighter 5

Here's an example of passionate fans with modding skills taking back what it belongs to them because the very own companies that created their games are ruining their franchises because of many reasons:

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

3. Talchild

Talchild Member

PSN:
    KidKingdom
    I would love that, especially the uneven stages. Also, make it so people could turn on the floaty jumps from VF 1 and 2.

beanboy and jimi Claymore like this.
  4. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

there has to be one or whatever they call the PC version isn't the PC version

5. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Yeah. I know that some people, disliked the uneven stages in VF3
    and others, want them back.

Me, I hope they bring back, those uneven stages.:p

Concerning a mod mode, that might probably be nice addition.

6. PurpGuy

PurpGuy Well-Known Member

XBL:
    PurpGuy
    Sounds like Fighters Megamix 2

7. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

There has to be one on the PC version, else don't bother making a PC version