1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wow! Blond Aoi

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by AkiraKidWannaBe, Nov 10, 2001.

1. AkiraKidWannaBe

AkiraKidWannaBe Well-Known Member

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Can you find the original site that this was from? The pictures are part of a series of maybe 20 or more pix. I tried fooling around with the picture's source URL and had no luck.

3. austinc1

austinc1 Member

That's cool. How did the person who took this picture get a blond aoi anyway?

4. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Wow!
    I wonder if it is a hidden character kind of stuff. She looks much nicer with blonde hair.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The different costumes and hair and all that are part of VF.Net - a system in Japan where they keep track of wins and losses. You can win certain items (goofy hats, masks, and in some cases new hair color and costumes). You also get some items for losing, i.e. if Akira loses too many times he gets a blue bunny on his shoulder. He has to win some for it to go away.

VF.net is built into Japanese machines and wins and losses are automatically saved onto a card you slide into the machine. The system won't be used outside of Japan though.
    Do a search for threads containing "VF.Net" or "VFNet" in the title, you'll find links that show all the new items and costumes and stuff.
    The thread called "Famitsu Blah" also has some new costume pics, as does
    page.freett.com/sippoless (click one of the links under the movies and you will see a page with "1,2,4,5,6,7" ... click any number for a costume pic.)

6. austinc1

austinc1 Member

Sorry to echo what must be a common sentiment sometimes but:

I wish I was in japan :p
    Or:
    I wish 2D players in the US would come to their senses and start playing VF

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Even if every street fighter in the world miraculously converted to VF, there is one problem that would keep VF.Net from coming to the US:
    American kids are assholes.
    They'd jam bubblegum in the card slots and they already break the controls of every fighting game they get their hands on. The arcade managers are too dumb to handle VF.net anyway, witness the guys in NY who put VF4 in a cabinet with a vertical button arrangement. Let's have a moment of silence for American retardedness.

8. AkiraKidWannaBe

AkiraKidWannaBe Well-Known Member

The guy who posted the pics said that he got them from http://silion.new21.org/sasimi/main.htm.
    But I couldn't find those pics from the web site above.
    Instead I got some cool VF3 movies and really funny commercials. But, the web page is all Korean.
    You guys probably already saw them.
    Anyway, here are some direct links to movies files.

http://silion.new21.org/ez2000/ezbo...ion=down&dbf=33&downfile=gorilla_skeleton.wmv

http://silion.new21.org/ez2000/ezboard.cgi?db=igelau&action=down&dbf=32&downfile=dvo.wmv

http://silion.new21.org/ez2000/ezbo...&dbf=28&downfile=°ÃÂÅõ±â.asx

http://silion.new21.org/ez2000/ezboard.cgi?db=igelau&action=down&dbf=27&downfile=SUMO.mpeg

The last two movies are really funny. MUST-SEE ^_^...

And to those guys who worry about not getting blond Aoi...
    Don't worry. That pretty blond chick will be in PS2 version,
    so be ready to be horny when PS2 VF4 comes out... Haha...

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The musume1.avi movies was REALLY funny. But maybe only to me.
    Sumo was funny, but I should warn ppl that it's not Taka.
    The other movies were in the VF archive... skeleton's a machi bastard!
    Run Run Run!

10. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Wow! thats Aoi!!! she looks almost white now, are you sure that really is here??

11. MiKeY

MiKeY Active Member

Creed, Why wont they use the system outside of japan. i seriously would like to keep track of my victories and losses.
    it kind of pisses me off that japanese get all the benefits and we are stuck with the shitty stuff.. such as shitty machines compared to their "REAL" sega arcade system (one guy on each side of the machine, unable to see each others screen, much less hands) and americans cant even freakin' get a card to change their outfit. i find that to be complete bullshit that we are left on the shit end of the stick.

12. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

mikey,

isn't the 1 player on each side of the cabinet only in korea?? i gotta agree with you though. it does suck that they get the goodstuff, but at least we got vf4, finally. i didnt think it was ever coming to orlando. there have been other games at rockies that used cards to keep track of scores/players/etc, but the cards were never used. i think theres a cart game there now that uses em. i agree with creed about the tardism too. kids would do stupid shit like that. along with fokking up the cabinets which ive seen happen so many times in the past. can you say pgk on p1 side and kpg on p2?? /versus/images/icons/mad.gif
    what i would like to honestly see is networked fighting games. i know it can be done only broadband, but it needs to be done (but won't). imagine playing someone in a different country. consoles will do it in the future hopefully.

13. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Umm the type of cabinet depends on what the Arcade owners decide to place the VF4 board in.

Historically speaking the Virtua Fighter series has never been that profitable so most arcades will not waste the money on VF4 let alone get bigger cabinets etc etc for VF4.

You can always ask the technicians at the arcade to fix the button assignment. Lucky for us.. there's two VF4 at the arcade in Sydney. One is the original sega cabinet the other is some generic thingy. Well the button assignment is PKG=123 rather than the PKG=412.. on a StreetFighter 6 button layout.

Well everyone seems to struggle with the 123 layout. So its pretty sucky to play with KGP.. if not close to impossible.

VF machines tend to get F'd a bit because moves many people seem to think the harder they try mashing stick and buttons something nice will come out... **sigh**

14. oldtimer

oldtimer Well-Known Member

I think 1 player on each side cabinets are popular in countries where Sega's Virtua Striker has/had a huge following.

In Singapore, arcades are mostly using refitted Virtua Striker cabinets.

Frankly I'm surprised Korea didn't get the card system...

15. MiKeY

MiKeY Active Member

Im pretty surprised myself. VF.net system is pretty popular in the east. well...atleast in Japan. I just heard about Ice-9's trip to Japan and to Kani-spo and its just intrigued me to get a card of my own down there and start playing. as for the "one on each side" cabnits. I seriously wish they had that here in America. but of course some small kid is gonna come runing in thinking its a friggin pilot game and smash the living hell out of the joystick rendering it impossible to have good competition on that certain system. BAH! stupid youngins...