1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WTF is up with 2_4+KK?

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by Yupa, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I was checking some stuff on Sarah's movelist and I'm wondering if this is right:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is -6 on guard, -3 on hit, and +1 on counter hit
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is -8 on guard, <u>-5</u> on hit, and +1 on counter hit

They're half circular attacks, but I hit you, go back turned, and I'm at -3 for the trouble. WTF? Is this right?

I hit with both kicks (yay, I knock off a drink point) and now I'm at -5? Why would anyone do this attack?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is -5 on guard.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is 1 frame slower in execution, does significant more damage and at least leaves Sarah at 0 frames dis/advantage on hit.

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Seems to me like the moves only reason to be there is to prevent Sarah from using 4K from crouch for some reason.

I like it for postround shenanigans though. I think 2_4K, BT P looks kind of funky for some reason.

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yeah, it definately nerfs /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.

4. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    you can do 4k from crouching by buffering a forward dash from crouch. good night /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Thats not the issue.

6. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

does the 2_4k have anything that would make it more useful if your opponent is one hit to death? i.e. u win on hit, so disadvantage on hit doesn't matter.

Lei fei's 66 p+k can be like that, though i'm sure there are better lows to finish an opponent with.

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

you're still adding at least 1 frame to the execution time by buffering in a forward dash.

Why does this attack suck such long donkey dong on HIT? Are these numbers right?
    There are over 15 attacks that leave Sarah in a better situation on block.

8. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Social, it's a half-circular high attack that leaves you back turned, so you can't even fuzzy-G afterwards. <boggle>

I rarely use it in VF5, so I'm just wondering if those are the correct stats. I'll play around with it in the dojo to see later.

9. Mista_tee

Mista_tee Well-Known Member

there is no point in it. don't use it. lol
    I guess like you said since it sobers shun you can use it in situaton where you would normaly get nothing. like you duck a high and you use it there to sober. but like you said -5 isn't so great.
    also maybe something to do with which way you can evade. the first hit only to her back, second is to her front. But like you said in almost every situation there are better options. just good if you want to use backturn set ups... don't use it.

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    On the other hand, being advantage on block is Sarah's forte.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif used to be great attack in vf2. In VF5 its utterly useless and I agree that its function is to prevent doing switch kick (an awesome move) from crouch too easily.