1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WWE's Asuka & Virtua Fighter 5

Discussion in 'General' started by Virtua Kazama, Dec 12, 2017.

By Virtua Kazama on Dec 12, 2017 at 10:22 AM
  1. Virtua Kazama

Virtua Kazama Well-Known Member

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    If you're a pro-wrestling fan, then you already know who Asuka is. If not, I'll help you get you up to speed.

Asuka (formerly known as KANA) is one of the most popular wrestlers to make waves since she joined the WWE in 2015. From there, she became the longest-reigning NXT Women's Champion in history, holding the title for 523 days while surpassing Goldberg's undefeated streak. Currently, she's on the RAW roster, still undefeated.

4RJsqTiP-600x400.jpg

But did anyone know that she helped out in development with the Virtua Fighter 5 series?

On her Twitter, she mentioned that she was one of the Motion Actors that had to capture animation for the VF5 series. We don't know which character she did, but we can assume based on her wrestling style, it's most likely Vanessa.

And the credits screenshot:

Now it is true that during her wrestling career in Japan, she was a freelance graphic designer and a video game journalist, working for Microsoft at the time. The fact that she took part in VF5's mocap makes her more amazing than before.

If the WWE Women's Roster wonders why nobody is ready for Asuka... it's because she has that Virtua Fighter spirit!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2017
    IcKY99, G0d3L, Modelah and 11 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'General' started by Virtua Kazama, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Jason Elbow
      Jason Elbow
      That is so freakin awsome!! Damn Asuka!
      MadeManG74 and Blitzball Champ like this.
    2. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      No wonder why NOBODY WILL EVER BE READY FOR ASUKA!!!!!
      DomAug likes this.
    3. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I love this, I wonder who she did the mo cap for? Possibly a variety of characters and moves?
    4. VFhayato
      VFhayato
      She's my girlfriend now guys i'm very sorry
      DomAug and IcKY99 like this.
    5. Dreamboat
      Dreamboat
      Huh, had no idea Nanae was involved. Wonder who she mocapped for? Can't really picture any of the other characters fitting her, unless she maybe also did work on Vanessa.

Also, anyone know when FS was actively in development? After early 2010 Kana and Nanae had a biiiiig falling out and never worked together again so it's surprising to see both their names here
    6. El_Twelve
      El_Twelve
      Here's an old 2010 tweet from one of Asuka's game journalist colleagues.

https://twitter.com/MUNETATSU/status/9559322584

Rough translation
      "Kana(Asuka), the pro wrestler who writes columns for Famitsu XBox, is helping out with mocap for VF5's new entry "Final Showdown". She'll be responsible for a number of new animations."

My guess is that she and the other wrestler Nanae Takahashi may have performed some of the new throws in Final Showdown, like El Blaze's low throw from rocket discharge, and some of the low wall throws.
      MadeManG74, Kruza and Myke like this.
    7. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      You are married already! You don't qualify! LOL
      IcKY99 and VFhayato like this.
    8. Kidvid711