1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

X-Arcade Sticks.

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by Steven_Cooke, May 16, 2007.

1. Steven_Cooke

Steven_Cooke Member

I got 2 adapters for ps2 controllers recently so i could use my x-arcade sticks on my ps3.

i have one of those ps2 street fighter controllers that doesnt have analog, the buttons work when on the adapter,but the d-pad is not recognized at all,and since theres no button on the adapter to switch modes,its useless.

Yet somehow,my x-arcade sticks work like a charm, but i ****ing suck with them somehow!
    Im not sure if theres a delay or if theyr TOO sensitive , but i seem to have less trouble doing circle grabs (i.e full circle then grab) and more trouble doing timed combos in vf5.
    Im not sure what to make of it,if its just me and i need to get used to my sticks again,or if its the adapters causing some kind of strange ms delay thats ****in with me.

Am i getting some sort of delay, or do i just need to get used to these things again??

Also , http://www.x-arcade.com/two-player.shtml this is what i have , can sum1 recommend me a good control scheme - i just cant seem to get it right! thanks!

2. Whitesburg

Whitesburg New Member

I remember from some where that people were experiencing delay with the x-arcade adapters, but that was the old ones. At least yours actually works because mine doesnt for PS2. That said, you're not clear on whether you have the x-arcade adapters or PS2->PS3 ones. I thought you had to have x-arcade's adapters for the stick to work at all for anything besides PC.

I was never impressed with it. I recommend a Japanese stick.

3. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

Sup,

glad I came across this post; as I've experienced your pain in the past. What converter are you using? I own a MAS, and I have my friend's X-Arcade stick sitting around here as well. I've been through several converters (one didn't work at all, one had a horrible signal, one supposedly had some slight lag issues), and it should relieve you to know, it's probably not your X-ARCADE stick that's the problem. More than likely, you have a bum converter (there is many out there). The simple solution, buy a Pelican converter (or 2, if you have comp. that wants to use a PS2 stick as well). These just came out last week, they are lag free, and they have a PS button. You can pick one up for pretty cheap if you shop around. Otherwise they are $14.99 on EB and Gamestop's websites. Btw, you might not find one at your local gamestore, as I'm hearing from many people online that the stores aren't carrying them. Good luck!

4. Steven_Cooke

Steven_Cooke Member

yea i have the adapters obviously =P

it goes like this - x-arcade with ps2 adapters hooked into ps2-ps3 adapter.

I think i will buy a pelican one just to see if its any different or not. If so i will return those peices of poo back. Thanks!!

OH btw the ones i bought were cheap dragon ones.
    (http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-p3-contadap)
    They have no ps button and are pretty damn cheap looking.
    Also no light to tell you which port youre connected to,altho it is kinda obvious it would be a nice touch.

Thanks for the info guys, i guess im sending this back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

5. Throwmasta

Steven_Cooke,

Do NOT buy the Pelican adapter (hope it's not too late). I dusted off my buds X-ARCADE and experimented with some things for about 45 minutes. What I've come up with is kinda strange. It doesn't work at all with the Pelican adapter (the stick nor the buttons), but works fine with my Elecom JC-PS201 (which is reported to have slight lag issues that I've never noticed since using it). The MAS works fine with both. The only thing I can tell you, is look into 2 other PS2-PS3 adapters that were mentioned in the "for those who want to use a PS2 stick for VF5" thread in the console section. These are reported to have no lag as well, but I'm not sure how the X-Arcade will read them (?).

And yes, I too obviously have the X-Arcade adapter. Some other strange things regarding my friend's X-ARCADE. It will only function on the PS2 if you put the plug 1 (P1) in player 2 port; strange. We used to play a lot of SF on PS2 and he would always have to be player 2 because of this. Yet it works fine when plugged into USB controller port 1 on the PS3, with the Elecom converter :/.

6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Step 1: Open you're X-Arcade up
    Step 2: Gut EVERYTHING, pcb board, buttons, stick, etc.
    Step 3: Use box to house a hacked 3rd party PS2/PS1 PCB and Happ competition buttons and Happ competition stick

The X Arcade is quite possible the worst and over hyped arcade stick ever made. Do not listen to the idiototic advertisements, they suck. If you are going to play American stick, get a real American stick, ie MAS Systems or build your own (it's really easy with American parts and a gutted X Arcade/Pelican Stick).

Or get an HG, honestly now that I think about it, you can play Happ fine for VF it just takes some used too. But I'm already addicted to Sanwa so whatever lol.

7. Throwmasta

Happ is perfect for VF, if you are already used to it

8. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

The X-Arcade is complete shit for any competetive fighting game.

That being said, the X-arcade stick that I own has been the most versatile and durable stick I have ever encountered. Most old arcade/snes/genesis games I have running on emulation on my PC I control with the X-Arcade flawlessly. X-Arcade for VF....NO, but for anything else I've been using the stick heavily for years and it's held up 100% with no problems. The VF sticks that Sega/Hori put out however...collapse after a couple of months. I don't see how you could call it the "worst stick ever made" when it's compatible with every system but this generation and is durable as fuck...the thing even has pin ball buttons on it.

9. Garbage

Garbage Well-Known Member

This is what I got about a year ago.

TBH though, it took ages because the first 4 PS2 attachments were faulty.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOLO-X-ARCADE-JOYS...1QQcmdZViewItem

I've since bought a logic 3 PS3 converter and it seems to work fine, though If somebody can tell me how to measure lag I'd be happy to.