1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

XBL Bad Games

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Myke, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    No people actually do this. Its pretty sad =(

2. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Well it is possible. There are videos of 12 yr olds on youtube explaining how to do it. However I've never known someone to actually do it.

3. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

First thing i did after reading this thing about the lag switch was looking for a video about it. I found one even in my language and i'm kinda shocked how far the human mind can go to CHEAT in a videogame.
    I didn't know why sometimes the connection went bad with some people, now i do. However i'm not sure it works with vf, since you can't be the "host" of a match, it's a p2p game.

4. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

It absolutely does happen in other games. You can buy ethernet cables with a button spliced in, I am not shitting you. I'm thinking you could probably get some kind of application to mess with your network from a PC too, but who knows.

edit: [​IMG]

5. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

HAHAHAH. That is why people disconnect on me when I play a game with them

6. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

7. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

You can probably use something like WANem to alter your connection accordingly. I used to use it all the time at my last job to test the effectiveness of the software over slower connections, although I get the feeling that people who go out of their way just to cheat at videogames aren't exactly that technically gifted and as such probably just start downloading something instead.

8. AnimalStaccato

Meanwhile......addypaddy finds this thread and faps vigorously.

I honestly hesitated to say that they were real because this is not the kind of information that you want to popularize. Especially if, as it appears, this information is not already widely known.

Although I suppose a familiarity with the methods may help us weed out those that actually do it.

9. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

LOL

10. Darthminion

Darthminion Well-Known Member

11. Darthminion

Darthminion Well-Known Member

How sad i bet some people go through the bother to buy these!

12. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

This is nothing new. Halo players do this. Its originally called "Standbying" old modern had a standby switch.

13. MDSPrime

MDSPrime Grappler & Part time Ninja

XBL:
    Pilchard LoveR
    Lag switching was pretty common in Gears too a couple years back until the cheats learnt about Host-bridging and IP Flooding.

14. AnimalStaccato

Well I've certainly seen these kinds of shenanigans pop up in CoD often enough.

15. SoulKatana

SoulKatana Well-Known Member

LOOOOOOL @ love letters.
    he also did that shit 2 me years ago.
    is he still playing kage?
    btw: did we ever played? i think no, but i'm not shure.

16. RadicalReactor

RadicalReactor Well-Known Member

SoulKatana: Yep, he's still running that Kage of his. I uploaded the replay so you might be able to find it through the terminal.

And no, I don't think we've played yet. I haven't been playing much lately since I'm very busy [​IMG]

17. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Abell 2029 Z

18. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    He called me a cheater last night [​IMG] tried to be nice to him.

19. SoulKatana

SoulKatana Well-Known Member

seidon you are a cheater... [​IMG]
    just kiddin' pal.

20. MegaMaN85

MegaMaN85 Well-Known Member

DAT WOLF!!! what a pain!

Anyways he got salty on me in 2 games and jumped out of the ring, gave me the match and blame it on MY connection. why? because i got the game up 1-1 and he didn't like it. yet when beats me 3-0, magically enough, the connection's fine!

not kool in my books!