1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

XBL Gamer Tag: Australasia

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Myke, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Mooseking_Lion

Mooseking_Lion Well-Known Member

Anyone up for some VF tonight or tomorrow night?

I'm hitting up fighting games until i drop!

I've been all over SF4, KoF98UC and got back into VF so if anyone wants a game of VF that would be great.

Also anyone in Adelaide theres a VG tourney this weekend @ AVCON though VF isn't included, SCIV, TEKKEN 5, SFIV, SFIII and SFHDR will have tournies.

I've reserved my trophy cabinet spots for SFIII and SFIV :p

2. Mooseking_Lion

Couchwarriors Melb flew over again to AVCON and took out SFIII 1st, 2nd,4th.

Powerful displays of Urien, Ken and Dudley. Worth the price of admission alone. Some were filmed and probably will be uploaded later [​IMG]

I finished 4th in SFIIHDR with a loss to the Winner of the tourney [​IMG] 7-1 after picking it up after 7 months isn't bad though [​IMG]

SFIV out in 3rd round when I swithed back to Ryu after My Fuerte run. Couchwarriors took out 3rd,4th and other top 8 spots. 150+ entrants for SFIV and 32 qualified spots for SFIII.

I convinced the staff to set up a tv for VF5 and looked over it giving advice and descriptions of what VF5 is "all about"
    Only other VF5 player at AVCON was GUNSTAR RED and he was busy working for Madman.

I converted about 6 pro SF and Pro*cough splutter* TEKKEN players to pick up VF and they immeadiatly purchased copies after and were gonna do meetups on a near weekly basis [​IMG]

next year looks to be promising with Semi-confrimation for a VF bracket if we can get numbers, or a pro display if we can get the right people playing. If anyone here would consider travelling in the last week of July next year I would highly recommend it, 3000+ attended this years AVCON with a large portion watching on for SFIV, Soul Calibur and the 300 entrants for brawl :S

Oh, a 7yr old kid won the 100 strong SCIV tourney beating his mother in the GF. I was watching them warm up and the dad, mum and son all play Kilik the same way. (Tiger woods of SCIV. :p)

My losing HDR bout with the champ here, Grand Final here
    The GF SFIV, Sakura V Bison here

3. WickN00b

WickN00b Well-Known Member

If I knew there would be VF I would've stuck around for it. I just showed up for SFIV and got top 8 which I am pretty happy with considering this was my first tournament ever.

btw someone started a thread for adelaide hookups on ozhadou (I was lurking that forum for months waiting this but I think their registration is broken again so I cant post there yet) http://www.ozhadou.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4088

4. Mooseking_Lion

Who'd you use?

There was a challenge after the tournie was done, I got 2 rounds on the Sakura user (Pete) before just missing out on the third.

5. WickN00b

WickN00b Well-Known Member

I was using Sakura too. I would've liked to play Pete since I've never played a decent Sakura player, I think theyre all on PS3.

6. sashimi

sashimi New Member

I just wonder is there anyone still playing VF on XBlive?
    except for ken and myke.(thanks for abusing me for long time anyway ^_^)
    Come on, I would like to see more Oz VF players. Show you up plz.

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hey sashimi, you're improving so much, keep it up!

The only other people I've run into online is Mooseking86 and RALstars. Have you played them yet?

8. sashimi

sashimi New Member

yea I did, but I haven't seen RALstars for long time.
    Mooseking86 is playing SF4 now.
    and Myke, can you come XB live a bit earlier, like 8-10PM?
    the only person I meet is Ken. I have learned a lot from him anyway.

9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    sashimi, I'm pretty busy most nights so if I have the time to play then it's mostly late. But I'll try to get on earlier if I have the chance.

Mooseking86 plays both SF4 and VF5, so I'm sure he'd be keen to play you!

10. Mooseking_Lion

Hey guys,

I'm keen on playing anyone so long as they ask first. If I'm in the middle of something getting just an invite is generally not enough to persuade me to stop.

The times I have played you Sashimi, your more than keen to drop after about 5 or so matches without a word and that is really frustrating. Giving reason or even a GG would make me a little more keen to play you.

Kchan, apoligies for earlier in the week. Had a pretty rough day and thought that you were wanting to replay me again, got my hopes up then you put on the demonstration. I really don't like stuff like that, I know i'm not the best at VF but i do know basic things like setups, frame advantage etc it's something I do like to work on in my own time and have spent quite a deal researching lions moves, set ups and so forth.

getting it from practice to in-game is a different story, I know your keen on educating folks about VF and I appreciate the intent, just really don't like being talked to like I have no idea on whats going on.

This post is sounding rather negative [​IMG] sorry if i stepped on anyones toes, if you wanna have a session or two during the week thats fine with me. I really do like it though if you bring your best to the table and just have a few hitouts..........50 or 60 would suffice :p

11. Berzerk

Berzerk Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red
    I'll play any fighting game but favouring VF5, DOA4 and SF4.

Tag is Gunstar Red (note the space)

12. KtotheG

KtotheG Well-Known Member

yo... been a while aye..

i dont have a 360 (got ps3 now...) anymore so cant play online vf even if i wanted to. i took a long break from games, and picked up tekken now.

but im still happy to play offline if you guys still play... i think i still remember the knee combo, pretty much that and splash mountain was all i did anyway.. [​IMG]

maybe i can ask around gauge interest regarding having 1 vf setup at GGTT..

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Welcome back! A setup at GGs would be fun, so let me know. Otherwise, I'm always happy to host something like last time.

14. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    hey sashimi, i didnt know u still played.
    I havent seen you or KCHEN in awhile.. either that or its me since i been working lots. I remember our connection wasnt that great sashima, but if ur done for matches ill play if u still looking for matches. Can u msg me sashimi if u still play, so i can tell my gamertag for VF. thanks

15. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    169mackfactor, what's your connection like with sashimi? If it's playable, then we probably could test ours as well.

16. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    it was playable at the time when i had 6 mBS. Sashima would play me all the time b4. I got good connection with KCHEN, well decent. but like i said i have updated my HS t0 15mbs just for VF so it should be fine.. sometimes i lie to ppl in japan and say im from there so they wont leave, and they believe me cus the connection is ok, i sometimes get 2 bars with them mostly 1. We can play couple of games myke and u can see for urself, if its not playable then its fine, at least we tried, but i would def like to play a good kage.

17. KtotheG

so the next GGTT is on the 27th of Feb.
    so heres the thread
    http://www.ozhadou.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4694
    so i have asked if theres interest.. see what happens and you can make your decision from there.

VF is sick, but VF or no VF, im gonna go cos i know my friend gonna have a ST setup. and ST is fucking sick. and theres a tekken session afterwarsds so yea.

i cant stand sf4 anymore lol..

18. KtotheG

maybe you already knew... but i just found out that GSGW has a VF5 cab.. saw it when i went there today...

19. sashimi

sashimi New Member

havent been here for long time.
    Hey Mackfactor, I havent seen you on XB live for a while.
    I m addict in SSF4 for now.
    Such a badass chicken+turtle game!
    but a lot of people r playing....

will VF5R or VF5FS something head to console???
    hopeless idea .....

20. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    sashimi, I've been playing VF5 again recently. Throw that SSF4 away and join me! [​IMG]