1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

XBL or PSN

Discussion in 'Console' started by VTheSandmanV, Aug 14, 2013.

1. VTheSandmanV

VTheSandmanV Member

There is no hate coming from this question but I was curious as to how the PSN handles VF5FS as opposed to XBL. right now i'm on XBL and it seems great i haven't noticed too many hitches if any and I was wondering whether or not that could be said about the PSN. Sorry if this is a topic already discussed if anyone can point me in a direction or answer that for me I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    The general consensus on this site is that PSN has the larger player base, but XBL has the better network.

It is not uncommon to have numerous dropped games during a room session on PSN. And depending on your connection to your opponent, you can have a match that's smooth, choppy, laggy, or downright unplayable.

Valakrie likes this.
  3. CodyHunter07

CodyHunter07 Well-Known Member

Good thread.
    I've often wondered about the PSN handling of fighting games myself.

I own both systems, but most of our PS3 games are of the single player/story variety.
    XBL handles our online needs.

Still though, I HAVE been tempted to get VF5 for the PSN.
    I have Mortal Kombat (the newest remake) for PS3 (got it as a gift from an unknowing, but generous benefactor), but have yet to try PSN with it....plus, VF and MK may handle COMPLETLEY different on each network.

I will lurk and read answers as they come in.

Thanks guys n gals.

4. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    What are the differences between PS3 and X360 versions of VF5FS (i heard that X360 has Ping bar in Lobby)?

Which VF community is stronger and larger - on PS3 or X360, where should i go to play seriously?

5. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Both, if you've got no real shot of real world matches, and want to still play the game heavily.

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    XBL over PSN any day of the week

7. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Why? (more players, better connection additional features)?

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

Better connections over same distances
    Latency bars visible in the player search
    No desynching in rooms and less disconnections than in PSN

SUGATA likes this.
  9. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Really ABSOLUTELY no desynching in Rooms??
    This issue is very crucial in PS3 version: one match - different results...