1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox 360 VS PS3 Eurogamer article

Discussion in 'General' started by Jide, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
  2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Interesting read seems like the conclusion is it's a good port with not that great audio, though i don't think VF's audio or any fighting game for that matter has been a masterpiece (maybe Smash Brothers Melee for it's orchestral pieces). The post really starts to get nit picky when you read the comments below though.

3. synapse

synapse Well-Known Member

Well I personally think VF2 and VF5 have really killer soundtracks.

Actually I just got the Complete VF5 OST which features all tracks from all three versions (vanilla, R and FS) and I love it. Amazing music.

Same with Sonic Generations "Blue Blur" complete OST, by the way...

Anyway. That side-by-side comparison was interesting. I had the feeling it looked a bit better on Xbox 360 but i was told it might be a TV/ hdmi cable/ calibration thing.

4. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Been preaching for awhile how shitty the audio for this game is. I put the TV on mute sometimes and play stuff out of my radio. Like I told one of are fellow VFDC members, the multi channel is BS, is just duplicating stereo sound. And two, the mixing is off as well.

Regardless, the gameplay and visuals didn't suffer.