1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox Live Challenger List Issue?

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Auvii, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    Hi All!

Its been years since I jumped on these forums to post and it feels good to jump back on. Anyhow, I wasn't sure how to search this issue, a few googles didn't return any results...

When I jump into the Ranked Games section and join the Custom Matchmaking queue for World or Same area there is a constant list of the same people and a broken connection icon next to them. Its ALWAYS the same list so I thought it may be some sort of bug. But then one challenged me and had a great connection!

Anyone else seeing this issue? Its blocking other people from appearing in my list so I have to hope someone challenges me. Maybe fix ideas?

Thanks,
    Auv

2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    yeah there's a bunch of bugged users in ranked, one of them is like 'u stand no chance' or something like that. they showed up a bit after the game was given away to xbox live users i think.

jimi Claymore likes this.
  3. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Any idea if they are ever going to address this issue? While rank has always been kind of pointless, it’s even way more pointless now. It just no longer works.

This is quite frustrating!

jimi Claymore and adamYUKI like this.
  4. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Hey @Myke , apologies for the delay, but here are the pics I promised. What you are looking at is the current list for many, possibly all players in both same area and worldwide match search. It doesn't matter what day of the week or time of the day, the search results are always the same and as you can see it always reports everyone on the list as having the worst connection possible. This has been going on for months with no end in site and I think it's about time it's been reported because I'm starting to think MS is unaware.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Myke, Epileptech and Mister like this.
  5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Has anyone tried raising this with Xbox Live Customer Support? After all, you are paying customers using the service.

Rodnutz and Sonic The Fighters like this.
  6. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

I stoped VF a bit because of that shit, so boring !

The lobby is full of glitches now, freeze, crash, lag, connection fail ...

Yeah Myke, call Microsoft for us please.

7. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I don't think so, but I'll try and get to it this weekend or sooner if I can.

Myke likes this.
  8. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sounds good, Rod, and the more people that raise the issue, the better!

Rodnutz likes this.
  9. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Save your breath! I’ve filed a report to xbl as soon as it happened. They said I should contact sega directly, but I haven’t yet.

Please keep bombarding them until something happens.

Sonic The Fighters and Rodnutz like this.
  10. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

You heard the man! Everyone please reach out to both MS and Sega about the issue. Muchas gratitude in advance.(y)

11. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    If this is segas problem to fix what makes you all think they would put effort to correct it, if they cant even be bothered to port FS to steam yet... :( I just dont think they care, it should have been fixed by now

12. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    There are also widespread reports of issues with Xbox servers across the US. Given that SEGA haven't touched/updated the game in forever, I find it hard to accept that this recent problem is SEGA's doing.

So yeah, just to repeat, those with Xbox Live accounts, file a report with customer service!

IcKY99 and Rodnutz like this.
  13. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
  14. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    It’s over! Ranked is doomed! Sega no longer supports the game is all I kept hearing.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    "If Sega are no longer supporting the game..." sounds like this guy doesn't really know what's going on, keyword being "if".

I really don't know what ongoing support is necessary from 3rd parties to have an already working game on Xbox Live to continue indefinitely. Would be great to hear from a dev who actually knows?

I mean, unless there have been fundamental changes to the XBL network infrastructure that requires 3rd parties to update their games, then I can understand if Sega chooses not to continue their support.

Here's a random thought, have you tried messaging these players? If they're responsive, then it might be worth trying to get an understanding of their setup. For example, are they Xbox 360 or Xbox One players? When they finish playing, do they exit the game or does the console have some kind of weird hibernate state that results in their accounts "lingering" indefinitely in the lobby?

VFhayato, Tricky and Rodnutz like this.
  16. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I've seen the same player twice in the online list in the past. Also with different grade in the ranked, which mean that the "ghost" stayed the same while the player was progressing.

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Another, random, thought is to hit up SEGA (US) on Twitter and report the issue (with screenshot(s), there.

18. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    OH WOW! Just now seeing this! Yeah, saw these same players on VF Arena this past Sunday. I thought it was odd to always see ranked match full like that with the same folks.

19. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    The problem is only getting worse.
    [​IMG]

Does anyone have any contact info for someone working inside of Sega? I know in the past, peeps have reached out in hopes of getting Sega involved with events. If anyone has made some inside friends, now is the time to reach out.

I’d love to see 2 issue get resolved, but I wouldn’t hold my breathe on the latter.

1) this current ranking match list issue
    2) an update to the Xbone backwards compatibility version. The game runs like shit and the frame rate constantly stutters online making matches highly unplayable. It makes me wonder if they even tested online functionality before releasing the game.

20. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Also, want to add that I sent messages to like 7 people on the list and asked them to log into the game, play 1-2 matches and then quit the game before turning off their Xbox.

One person responded so far, his GT is ' u have no chanc ' and he usually sits at the top of the list in SAME AREA. His message to me when he responded was ' downloading '. Pretty awesome that he was willing to help out.

Later I received a message from him saying ' can't find a match ' lol. I'm like DUH, that's why I'm reaching out to you. Anyway, supposedly he played a few games before quitting because he then responded 30 minutes or so later ' done '.

I had already logged off by then so I couldn't confirm if his name was removed from the list of players plaguing rank. Can anyone confirm? I won't be online for many hours.