1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

XBOX SERIES X (maybe PS5) VF5FS

Discussion in 'General' started by GustavoHeisenberg, May 4, 2020.

1. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

Since the Xbox is the only console with Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown backcompat, how many of you are considering buying the XSX? Even if you love Playstation?

VF6 remains a pipe dream for the foreseeable future.

For folks not on XBOX, are you going to just stick to your PS3 for VF5FS?

I hope VF vanilla will made backwards compatible too.

2. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Short answer is I will most likely stick with PS3 for VF5FS.

I bought the Xbox One for VF5FS since I didn't have my 360 anymore. That was a mistake in the long run, because most of the other games that I liked in it were also on PS4 or the Switch. But it didn't have the exclusives. In the end, I couldn't justify continuing to pay for Xbox Live.

nou, MadeManG74, Dennis0201 and 2 others like this.
  3. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

My PS3 has VF5 disc and downloaded versions of VF5FS,VF4E,VF4 and VF2.

So I'll stick with this until SEGA grows a pair to do a new game

4. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Me, I'm not really a console fanboy. So in my case I'll buy whatever console, has good games on it that are actually fun. In the case of Playstation consoles (excluding a bit PS1), they were always a bit too bland for my style. And their game library, though not super great, is a bit okay but not the best. If it ever happens, I'd rather buy VF5 FS on Switch, than PS5 or Xbox one X. But even if VF5 FS does release on those two consoles, I still have too see more of those two consoles first, before making any decisions.

But if VF5 FS does release on switch, then portable VF here I come.:cool:

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  5. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I'll get an XSX if it has enough games I want to play, but not specifically for Virtua Fighter. If I want a 'Virtua Fighter Box' then PS3 is cheaper and has free online, so there's zero benefit to me upgrading to an XSX unless that becomes the fighting game console of choice next gen.

6. Iwazaru

Iwazaru Active Member

Xbox One is the reason to play Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden 1-2 in best possible version (4k/60 fps) + some other things like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Virtual On or those shoot 'em ups from X360 like Guwange. So yeah, most "exclusives" on X1 are bc games from og xbox / x360, or at least for some people.

;)

Switch... kinda scares me. It's the Ultimate Portstation. But i'm not ready yet... still having fun with psp & vita as more portable portables with quirky games. I almost got switch for Demon X Machina though, but it ended up having superior PC port. Where is new Armored Core, though?!

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  7. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I wonder about that too.

8. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Hows the emulation for those games on Xbone?