1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

XCOM 2 - Multiplayer death match!

Discussion in 'General' started by Shang, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Attention attention!!!! @Tricky, @Rodnutz just raped @Chief_Flash in X2 and now Rodney is high and is calling out to the true strategist... Do you copy?

We have post game interview from the flash camp:

Chief_Flash likes this.
  2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I beat @Rodnutz so bad that he ragequit on me and made my XCOM2 crash. Who really won in all this?

3. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Shut up you scrub you didn't beat me. I beat myself! Just look at the tape. I thought it was a small map and you were across the street. Just look at what I was focused on the whole time in the video. I never even moved once the game started and after like 4 turns shang points out to me that I'm focused on the wrong area and boxed myself in. So finally I started to move but you were already above and behind me. You got lucky that's all because Reaper Skill was gonna destroy you once you were in my sites. And next time no 20k limit because that shit is gay. You need a tank, war machine and a nuke just to win.... lame!

It's starts about 40 minutes in. Watch me do nothing because I thought it was small tight map and you were across the street in those buildings, but didn't realize it was just out of bounds graphics.

http://www.twitch.tv/xxrodnutzxx/v/42612097

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Tricky likes this.
  4. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Attention attention!!!! @Tricky
    @Rodnutz sniper climbed on the roof then @Tricky shot him and he fell off the roof, was like 3 store building. I LOL so hard. Then @trickys demolition blew up a bus stop which two of @Rodnutz men were on top of. A lot of strats was an amazing game to watch.
    [​IMG]

Ellis, Chief_Flash and Tricky like this.
  5. Tricky

That other video just shows him before we even got to meet. Dude gotta scout more! That's what happens when you try to camp in xcom. If my computer wasn't just good for word processing, I'd be able to twitch stream while playing, but it's barely able to run xcom2...

protip: you can have the floor blown up from under you and that shit hurts when you fall.

6. Tricky

GGs @Shang, @Chief_Flash & rematch from @Rodnutz
    na you dead son. Nice try with the codex, but you fell just like @Shang and @Rodnutz did. To the TAPES!

I should change my title to Supreme Chief Strategist

7. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

@Tricky you should go play the lottery with your luck, for real. I missed two slashes at 97% each on you... Do the math, the chance of that happening is .09%. So fucking salty right now. This game is high!

8. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

.09%, not 9%! .09% is .0009 chance, what a joke!!! FUCK!!!!!!

Tricky likes this.
  9. Tricky

I'll take you on again @Shang if you want. The double missed slashes were the highlight because afterwards I shot down BOTH of your sword-wielders in one turn with the same sniper. It was awesome. Don't get it twisted though, you were already dead! [​IMG]

Ellis and MarlyJay like this.
  10. Tricky

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  11. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    GG's @Tricky! You are definitely the man to beat right now. I take it you played the first Xcom? Anyway learned a lot last night. I will level up eventually. Game is great and I'm not disappointed I bought it. Honestly wish more VFDC peeps were playing it.

My only complaint is the fucking lag or what comes off as lag due to poor syncing. Game really needs a patch to fix this issue. 2 minutes turns can feel like they are 10 minute long. Your opponent moves, you can't see what they did but you can hear it and then when the timer is about to expire that's when the game tries to play catch up and show you everything that's going on. Sadly when this is happening it's makes the person who is waiting to go feel like the game locked up. I really really hope they can fix this in the near future. Once concealment is broken seeing the battle unfold play by play would make the game so hype and not so boring at times. Boring not because it isn't fun just boring because of the things I previously mentioned. Everyone just standing around and nothing is happening till the timer expires.

Tricky likes this.
  12. Tricky

you're not supposed to see what I'm doing. That's the point. You can hear movement, but you can't see because I place my troops outside your line of sight. If you have no line of sight then you don't get to see anything. When you're waiting for your turn, you should be thinking about what I might be doing based on field position.

The game isn't broke, you just don't understand the mechanics yet. Oh and yes, I did play the last xcom. The best thing to lvl up is to play the damn campain! You'll be outnumbered and outgunned pretty much every single fight and still have to win. If your whole team isn't dead, you aint lost yet.

Rodnutz likes this.
  13. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I'm talking about once concealment has been broken and everyone is up close. I know you can't see anything otherwise.

14. Tricky

concealment is never "broken" if you lose Line of Sight, you can't see my troops if I placed them right. LOS is three dimensional too to elevation and the type of cover you're behind matters.

15. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Ok you damn nerd! :p No wonder we getting pwned so hard. You understand this game very well. Need to learn some strats from you. Good stuff man!

Tricky likes this.
  16. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

@Rodnutz, please... @Tricky got the game later than you. He knows some stuff from X1, but i wouldn't consider him as "understand this game very well". We are just new at the game. Honestly if you want to learn the game, play SP. It teaches a ton about the game mechanics. How cover, elevations, LoS, and abilities work. I'm mean really how u gonna win if you don't know what the class abilities work? screaming why he got extra turn is scrubby as hell. Concealment doesn't exist in MP btw, only LoS. Talking about Concealment in MP make you look like a mega scrub. This game is pretty complicated. Learn some shit already. Oh yea.. @Tricky won a few but he doesn't know a whole a lot more about X2 than anything you can't learn in a few days. Good game though, let's see how he does a week from now.

Tricky likes this.
  17. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Yeah you are probably right. I only played 2 chapters in SP and been on MP ever since hahaha. It's your fucking fault @Shang. When I was trying to play SP and learn you kept abducting me to play MP.

OK no more MP until I beat the game!

18. Tricky

The game is long. I still haven't beaten it yet because each map takes like 40-50 minutes to finish. Just try to mix up multiplayer with single player. SP is actually a lot harder than MP because the computer doesn't make mistakes like we do. & @Shang is right, X2 is totally different than X1 in a good way. More complex and such. The only characters in MP that can go stealth are the shadow track assault characters, because they're always hidden until revealed by the enemy directly. Unlike the party which all get shown once anyone is found.

I barely understand the game and am kicking butt. Just wait until I get a few more weeks in.

19. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Single player is awesome, and it's not boring at all. The base building, story, and the tactic maps all make you think. Really this game is 80% SP, 20% MP. Should get into it @Rodnutz and @Chief_Flash. I think I will replay it after finish.
    @Tricky, MP is only harder in 1 aspect: no reload from save file!!!

20. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

XCOM is sick! I've never played the multiplayer, I only played the single player at my buddy's house once. Game is dope. Tricky and Myke are crazy

Tricky likes this.