1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

XITY2 Tournament (TK4)

Discussion in 'General' started by Chanchai, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Anyone checked out the four clips (more to come soon) that are currently up at Tekken Central?

http://www.tekkencentral.com/eng/

Particularly Adam/versus/images/icons/smile.gif I think you're gonna like seeing this Paul in the first clip (White Smire), he just looks.... SO AKIRA!!!! grrrr... More like an Akira with less recovery on things/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

OMG.... I never realized I played Steve so similarly to Dumok... Really surprised as I haven't really been watching TK4 clips. Naturally, I'm not that good, but I swear it's almost identical to what I usually intend to do with Steve. If only OSU's machines didn't have diagonal issues (it's not as bad as some would like to believe, but it is bad still). The main difference with how I use Steve though, is that I almost always go for okizeme, in a risky way anyways. I usually try to launch the opponent with okizeme hehehe.

-Chanchai

PS Apparently, the big deal that people have been complaining about recently is Jin's b,f 2,1,d 2. Not because of the move or the delay property, but the fact that you can "Just Frame" it. I'm no expert on "Just Frame," but from what I hear, if you let go of 2 at the right time, the move will be unblockable. In this case, it's a real bitch because that move knocks you up in the air and is already not the easiest thing to escape.

2. capercat

capercat Well-Known Member

the thread for the results of XITY 2 at tekken central says it all about jins 'just frame' laser scraper. a quick rundown, is that there is essentially a mixup where he can do the last hit in such a way that you have to guess right and either SS or block (or interrupt). guess wrong and it is almost 1/2 your lifebar. at very little risk to jin. either way i think it spells the end for T4 with a LOT of people.

yeah i also noticed pauls d+1+2 bodycheck is .. well, akira's.right?

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Yep... The Jin laser scraper mixup has been all over the place and the only people that seem to be happy about it are the Jin players/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif But oh well, every game has something like this.

As far as Paul... I don't know, just watching white smire's Paul just reminded me so much of VF3tb Akira (reminding me of Myke, Adam Yuki, Hiro, and Emil playing Akira for little bits here and there). More like a VF3tb Akira that's way easy to play! The moving around, the bodychecks, and Paul's classic fist attack just reminds me way too much of modified singlepalms in the way they're used here, some of Paul's dodge attacks remind me of Akira's b,f P K E and reverse body check... The 3 hit segments are just way too Akira. Reversals... etc...

Not trying to do the Paul is a ripoff of Akira... just saying that watching this clip reminds me of a lot of the Akira players I've seen in VF3tb. It probably reminds me most of what I've been watching in my NYG2 tapes collection, particularly Hiro's Akira (if my interpretatios of who is playing who on the tapes is correct). Except of course that Paul has this cheezy-fast recovery on a lot of his sequences and attacks--That makes me think of Akira being able to whip out DLCs without punishement if it's blocked! Like a minimally-counterable DLC on the ground.... ughh!

-Chanchai

Update:
    Adam, my bad for overlooking Andy's nickname in the original Tekken thread used in your account. I usually don't overlook his handle as a sig, but well.... ANDY, there is no occupying CrewNYC account, can you start a new one and use that one?!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 10/10/01 11:53 PM (server time).</FONT></P>