1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Xlive VS live

Discussion in 'General' started by MADrox, Dec 28, 2007.

1. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

i must say,,, that nothing beats some good 1vs1 continuous matches,, even against people that are way better than you.
    If you just try to improve agains random opponents,,, it wont happen... but if you get a private session with someone on Xlive or in person,, then improvement happens..
    I see that in my game.. i dont improve just doing random matches against the varied levels of players compared to our gatherings or private sessions on live.
    Does anyone else notice this about their game ?

2. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

I agree that playing long sessions with one other player will help, especially if you focus on what to practice. But I have recently realized that I need to play a bunch of "random opponents" because it forces me to adapt quicker, especially if I only get one shot.

3. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it depends where you are. It terms of going from beginner to expert level as fast as possible, learning the basics of how to play correctly, having a coach like that helps immensely.

But, once you've got the mechanics down, then learning things like quick adaptation to various styles come a lot easier when playing lots of different opponents.

4. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Random matches against foes that you know nothing about is probably best since you won't have much of a clue as to how good they are and forces you to adjust on the fly every match. I am really thinking about staying with the random matches rather than the ranking matches because I won't know who to expect. I was beaten many times by people of higher levels and won a few too but the loses help to prepare me for that character later on if I see that same character played again.

5. DaSuperFunk

DaSuperFunk Member

Personally I don't have any friends that play VF5 online yet... my brother's getting it, so I'll play with him when he does... however...

I've really enjoyed getting familiar with VF5's system when playing a bunch of random opponents. It really forces me to get better against any type of opponent. There have been a couple sessions where I kept fighting the same person over and over, but after the first fight, it was relatively easy to beat them.

Already I think playing online has helped my VF game a lot more than any offline game has, simply because I have 2-3 friends that play VF at all... so having the wide range of players is definitely improving my overall game.