1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Y'all gotta see it...

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by CreeD, Jan 18, 2002.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The latest Daioh clip's not VF, but I said "ehh, what the hell, I'll look at it."

I can't remember the last time I saw a human being impress me this much. It's inSANE. If you passed this up because it's not VF related, take the time to download it anyway. I promise your jaw will drop.

actual #vfhome reactions:
    Creed: holy jesus
    Mr_White: ouch
    GLC: good lord
    llanfair: my god

A direct link:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rizm.net/UserData/1187/daioh_ago9_1.WMV>http://www.rizm.net/UserData/1187/daioh_ago9_1.WMV</a>

2. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Goddamn, you seriously gotta be autistic or something to do that shit.

3. Trigger

Trigger Active Member

And so my jaw dropped, it was a jaw-dropping technique. Did you hear the crowd roar at the end of the game? Well, who ever he is, he deserved it.

4. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

That was computer generated crowds...the actors who provided the roars were paid in full.

5. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

OMG!!! Creed jeez that guy is insane, ive played a similar game called BM98 for computer, but what the hell lol. Very Nice, errr VERY EXCELLENT!!!!!! Whats that game called?

6. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Oops, i looked again it is BeatMania, niiccee! :) wow Arcade?

I needa find some more songs for it, anyone know where i can find em?

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

That game was "Beatmania II DX" I believe.

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Oops, i looked again it is BeatMania, niiccee! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif wow Arcade?
    I needa find some more songs for it, anyone know where i can find em?

I had some luck finding them using one of the filesharing apps out there, notably
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.winmx.com>winMX</a>. It'll find even the most obscure MP3's out there, and it's good for other stuff as well. I'd really recommend giving it a look.

9. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Ya Creed... i have winmx, what do i search for BM98 songs? =P

Man the guy is insane!

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

oops.
    well someone had me look for a specific song for one of those types of games. Congo Feeling I think it was called. Maybe you need to know the exact title.

Oops, nevermind that. A search for 'beatmania' brought up over 250 .. I'm sure the tune in the movie's here.

11. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Anyone with high level expertise on instrument such as Piano or similar instrument want to comment about difficulty such Beat Mania?

Timing and Coordination-wise they sharing the same characteristics. So is what was achieved by this guy really that spectacular considering he probably is a good piano player anyway? Or maybe he plays a lot and has this particular song memorised and mastered.

Comments anyone? I'm just not too convinced that what he did was overly impossible to do if you had the right background.

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

OH CHOPO!!!!

Hi Ken!
    I heard ur Lei is REALLY EVIL NOW! hehehehehe

Anyway, back to original topic

My friend learnt piano since he was like 4 yrs old...
    He's abt 24 now...piano skills at level 9, one level away from being eligble to give piano lessons

He can even play beatmania even if u unlock the secret mode that makes all the falling bitz n pieces disappear just as they appear. And he'll get all of them as well!

but his best ever record was 400 plus GREATS...
    That's like nothing compared to this Japanese player (incidentally Japan's number 1 BM player)

IMO..to say this Japanese player is 'unimpressive' is like saying Chibita, Kyasao or Shinz's VF gameplay are unimpressive.
    After all, they had the right background
    VF1
    VF2
    VF3
    And whatever games they played in the past.

And Since I was lucky enuff to play with u last time in sydney (ahhh good times indeed) U also know what makes the VF tetsujins gameplay so impressive is because of what they are capable of during actual gameplay. Yomi, combos, tricks, etc etc etc

That's why I find the clip to be so impressive. Under those conditions where everything happens in a blink of an eye...he managed to keep his cool scored a total perfect game~!

I think it's kinda unfair to think just because a person who might have had Piano lessons should be good in beatmania.

I beat my friends in GT3(no TCS no ASM, steering set to simulation) all the time..but I still dun have my Ps yet /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Look forward to seeing u in sydney again this july hehe~

13. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Re: OH CHOPO!!!!

I suppose you're right. I do give him credit for putting the effort to learn and practice. And yes I suppose my Lei is quite evil indeed hehe...

Anyways, look forward to VFing in July! hopefully the boys will have on PS2 so we can play non-stop for a few days /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Anyways my friend Jacky is pretty good at GT3. He's racing the F1/Cart courses now and just slightly off Gold times on a lot of the courses.

14. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

I must admit that was beyond crazy. Was that picture at the end when they tallied the score K' from KOF? It sure looked like him.