1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another Joystick thread (was Re: "VFBB" Finals)

Discussion in 'Console' started by HayatoK, Apr 2, 2005.

1. HayatoK

HayatoK Member

Too bad you can't use analog on the ps2 controller. It'd be so much easier if you could. But yeah, Akira's combos take lots of practice. My left hand hurts cuz of all the practice...

2. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Re: "VFBB" Finals

[ QUOTE ]
    My left hand hurts cuz of all the practice...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. That's what Akira will do to you. When I first started playing with him I got so pissed at my whiffed combos that I litterally threw my controller at the ground. The main thing is to not get discouraged. Just keep at it and by the way, I suggest getting a wristband, you know those things tennis people use when they play, it really helps with your pain and actually improves input. So good luck and keep practicing. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Also use an arcade stick instead

4. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Also use an arcade stick instead

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that too. VF is awful to play with the pad, it cramps up my fingers so much and leaves my thumbs in pain, lol. Don't even think about playing as Akira, shun or Aoi on the pad tho, they're the real joypad killers. Basic input characters like Jacky is ok with pad.

Anyway, the game feels better to play on stick anyway, I have the namco arcade stick tho the hori sticks are nice too though a bit chunky.

5. HayatoK

HayatoK Member

where do you get the sticks?

6. Maximus

I would suggest any electronics store, but they usually have only mediocre sticks that are crap. They are good to play on, but just not good enough to give you the best performance and gameplay. The best place to get a stick is from an online store IMO. If you search online for a stik I'm sure you will find way better sticks then you would at your local electronics stor like Best Buy or Circuit City or even other game places. The only thing I can suggest is that you just have to keep an eye out and just look around stores and you will get lucky and find something good. Right now I would suggest a Hori stick. They are really good and very simple. Unfortunately for me I was unable to snagg one since they ran out of stock from the place I intended on buying it from, which goes to show you that if you find a good stick you better buy it fast because some other person who is looking for a good stick will.

7. HayatoK

HayatoK Member

How much do they cost normally? Think eBay is a good place to go? Thanks

8. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

I know EB had a deal that you could buy Tekken 5 and a Horri arcade stick for 100$ US. Not sure if they still have the deal, but it's worth a look.

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

Gamestop had the same deal, I got my package from them. To clarify, for your $100 you get Tekken 5, the special edition T5 joystick and a special DVD case to hold each Tekken edition for console(6). Matter of fact, the store across my office still had one in stock a few days ago.

Its a good stick, I'd recommend it for beginners who have only ever used pads. Its a bit weighty which might turn some people off if they use it on their lap, but if they play on a table or on the floor it works well.

10. Maximus

Does anybody have any info on a Hori stick. If you have any info from an online site that carries them please just post or pm me. I am in the market for a Hori stick.

11. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

Does this "humor the stupid questions" tangent have anything to do with the topic or the Media board?

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    Does this "humor the stupid questions" tangent have anything to do with the topic or the Media board?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't.

I've moved the sub-thread out to this board, in the hopes that HayakoK learns there are other boards besides Media.

13. Maximus

Nobody, please relax ok.

14. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anybody have any info on a Hori stick

[/ QUOTE ]

Well other than the two posts that are right before yours, you might want to try here or even any of the 3.12 x 10^35 threads that deal with this.

15. Maximus

Thank you very much. Your post was most helpful. Again, thank you.

16. coNsPirAcy

coNsPirAcy Well-Known Member

Akira_PH - I have a Tekken 5 Hori stick modded with Sanwa buttons and White balltop for sale.

17. Maximus

Well show some pics first, if it's not too much trouble, because right now I am thinking about getting the Hori Evo stick.

18. coNsPirAcy

coNsPirAcy Well-Known Member