Yoho is surprisingly hard...

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Triple Lei, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Triple Lei

Triple Lei Well-Known Member

That's right, here's yet another Akira thread from me!

I've been having trouble with that d/f,d/f+P uppercut for quite some time now. It's not a big part of my gameplay (I find the knee to be safer and more reliable), but when I do remember about the move I'd either get some d+P or an elbow.

Is there a reason why?? I mean I can crouch dash and do modified Double Palms and Shoulder Rams (sorry, but it seems VFers use wholly unnecessary abbreviations when the command notation would do just fine /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif )... but the Yoho eludes me. Is there a technical reason, like the d/f parts requiring a zero slop factor (no sliding to down first?), or staying in Neutral for one frame, or what?

2. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

I had some problems for a while with this move back when I started crouchdashing a lot. The problem that I was having was hitting the second d/f and P button at the same time.

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem with yoho... but are you tapping the second df at the same time as pressing P? Like df, df+P instead of df, df, P?

-Chanchai

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Try holding the second df and then hitting punch:
    df,DF+P

You have to go back to neutral to get the yoho:
    df,n,df+P

df,d,df+P will not work... you'll probably get a low punch from this motion.
    If you're getting an elbow or single palm then your letting the joystick go the the horizontal and missing the diagonal.