1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Yomi > System

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Vith_Dos, Aug 21, 2004.

1. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

Re: Balrog c. mp to super

i'm prob in the wrong, but i thought grabs will grab invicible frames? that is, i thought that a spd will grab a DP, on the way up, in those initial frames where the shoto has his feet on the ground. likewise, someone with a good air throw (guile, chun, vega) can throw a DP in its invicible frames, the moment the shoto gets off the ground. i thought this was the mechanics...

0 frame spd - i thought this was it. i know that some other SPD like moves (e.g., potemkin's throw) does take a frame or so. but i thought gief's spd was 0 frames. that is, you do the spd motion, and if the target is in range and on the ground, the grab happens instantaneously.

i've been a gief player myself, although nothing on a super high tier level.

2. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

like for example....???

sf2 is the only game with the "press/depress"

it was a bug in the game that they kept in, that neg edge is just bull shit

hell i know stuff that srk dont know about sf2s

3. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Re: Balrog c. mp to super

[ QUOTE ]
    you still have a big chance of being able to put yourself back in a favorable position using the game's many defensive techniques.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when they yomi your choice of defense.

4. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    RandomHajile said:
    sf2 is the only game with the "press/depress"

it was a bug in the game that they kept in, that neg edge is just bull shit

[/ QUOTE ]

i am sure it is in third strike...

5. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SiYkO said:
    i am sure it is in third strike...

[/ QUOTE ]

Release the button acts as pressing the button itself works on A2, and Super Turbo also. Zangief super: d+ mp hold > circle circle > release works. Also Ryu's super d+ HP hold, d/f,f,d,d/f,f > release works (it's the only way I can get a down fierce into super /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif). Good to do this is you don't want to get the accident regular fireball. old news... people only knew this 10 years ago..