1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

You say you want depth???

Discussion in 'General' started by suminsoserious, Sep 4, 2015.

1. suminsoserious

suminsoserious Active Member

Why aren't more VF players playing Blaze Blue, just asking out of curiosity??? All excuses are welcome...

2. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

First of all, I don't know who the hell would say that, VF is as deep as it gets imo.

Also, Blazblue sucks, I personally don't play it because a new version comes out every two days. Also, Guilty Gear is better.

3. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Fixed.

Ellis, Kikimaru, IcKY99 and 8 others like this.
  4. suminsoserious

As expected, I was told this is the response I would get......lol

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    EvenPit likes this.
  5. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

What's a Blaze Blue?

IcKY99, ShinyBrentford and adamYUKI like this.
  6. AngryFlyingChop

AngryFlyingChop Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RaggedChariot
    I remember playing BB:CT and getting infinite throw looped by Carl Clover.

IcKY99 and aoi ameindei like this.
  7. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Why would anyone suggest Blazblue when Xrd exists?

Arcana heart is also deeper, imo.

8. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    What a lazy, shitty thread.

Ellis, aoi ameindei, oneida and 4 others like this.
  9. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

Lol...

aoi ameindei likes this.
  10. suminsoserious

Nope, just asked a question that's all.... I'm not a keyboard warrior nor a internet thug, just wanted to see...why more ppl wasn't playing Blaze Blue....

11. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I've wanted to try it out. But they seem to come out with an updated version that you have to buy as a new game way too often. Or at least that's what it feels like lately.

I only have an Xbox 360 now anyways. So I couldn't get the latest one. Maybe when I get an Xbox One next year I might swoop up whatever version is out at the time.

Been wanting to swoop up some anime fighter (don't know what else to call em). But not having a Playstation kinda hinders that, hahah.

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    What makes BB so special over any other fighting game to warrant this question?

Is BB considered "deep"? (serious question, because I don't know) Is it "deeper" than the alternatives?

But more importantly, people don't just play VF because it's "deep", and it's not like when the next "deepest" game comes along everyone will flock to it. If anything, people don't play VF because it's perceived depth is often mistaken as a high barrier to entry.

Jinzer0, Ellis, oneida and 11 others like this.
  13. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

What were u expecting asking this question on this site?
    Hey everybody! Why don't we go play vf missionary and be shocked when the bb player want to play bb over vf.

Ellis and BLACKSTAR like this.
  14. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

For the sake of amusement, how does blazeblue have more depth than vf?

IcKY99, aoi ameindei and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  15. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    I was curious about Blazeblue before you started this thread. One thing to keep in mind is that BB is 2d and VF is 3d. It is kinda weird comparing the two.

ZBEP and Manjimaru like this.
  16. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    It looks kinda like marvel at high level play.lol

17. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I tried it in the past. Couldn't maintain interest. As an airdasher 2D game, its mechanics are vastly different from VF so comparison is questionable. In general I have never managed to get into any 2D fighting game over the 20 years Ive played. they just rub me the wrong way.

I'm also not fond of over-the-top special effects and artistic style that plague pretty much all 2D fighting games.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Ellis likes this.
  18. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Not even BB players play BB cuz who cares to keep up with the weekly new revisions and Xrd stomping all over it.

SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
  19. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

How are the headline and the actual question related? Why should VF players specifically be interested in BB? Aside from being fighting games they have pretty much nothing in common.

I played some CT and bought CS, then I dropped it cause they kept revising it and expecting me to buy again and again. That's bullshit.

All the GG players that took up BB have dropped BB in favor of Xrd and I'm pretty sure most of the BB players have done so too in favor of larger player base in Xrd (at least in here).

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  20. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I bought the original BB when it first came out but before that I was really a big fan of GG on PS2 first. I was always into GG first because it is a better game overall not because it is a deeper game either. I liked BB when I played it but it reminded me so much of GG that it made me want to play GG the more I played it. High level BB is still fun to watch though. I won't miss a chance to watch some high level play BB on YT when I feel like it.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Jinzer0 and BLACKSTAR like this.