1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

You Won't Believe This ++ What's Wrong w/ My VF4 Kumite I Dont Get It!

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by BananaClips, Jul 11, 2002.

1. BananaClips

BananaClips Member

okay. listen e'ybody, this is what happened to me last night.

i've been doin quite well in kumite since two dudes in here gave me some advice on jacky some time ago. i just went from conqueror to subjugator yesterday. i really got my own technique now and i can beat any high king, anyone... thanx to yall (sorry i dont remember the names... couldn't find the post).

however, last night, after reading the "ranking system guide" on this site once again, i decided to try a 10 win streak against subjugators to advance to dragonlord...

i really did well, and quite quickly (actually it took quite long until the 9th showed up, but... -read on and u understand) i got to the 9th subjugator... i had only lost to the first 2 high kings at that moment (u can lose against high kings right?), and i was lookin forward to meet the 10th one and finally advance to stormlord. i had about a 15-20 wins streak.

now my problem: the 10th subjugator just didn't show up. i just waited and waited, and fought a damn lot of other ranks, and fought and fought and fought, only to fight the 10th subjugator but he just didn't show up!

i already had a 42 wins streak, but he just didn't show up. then i lost to some wack 10th dan kage (being tired). i fought on - already half asleep - with another 21 wins streak but the faggot just didn't show up. can you imagine how mad i was after about 70 fights? i spent like at least 40 fights waitin for a f*ckin subjugator, but he wouldn't show up. i sat there for three hours.

at last i quit saving (cause of the orb items and extras i had gained in the meantime), realizing that my 10th subjugator just won't show up anymore.

is something wrong with my VF4 dvd? has any1 had the same problem? i don't know what to do cause i don't wanna get become only a demonlord, well.. at least i deserve to be a stormlord. please help me out.

one.

2. Dougydug

Dougydug Well-Known Member

People have had the same problem. There is a thread (SEARCH, damn you). If you can't be bothered, though, I believe this is normal and reseting until you fight one is about the best strategy!

3. BananaClips

BananaClips Member

the problem is that i can't reset like i could if i was a dan. i need a 10 win streak, if i reset and fight a few more subjugators, ill become a demonlord cuz of +12 VP. or not?

4. Dougydug

Dougydug Well-Known Member

I don't think that if you save, quit and then reset it will interrupt your winning streak...

5. Foondogg

Foondogg Well-Known Member

Allow me to clarify.
    When you say that you needed the 10 victory streak, it only means that you need to defeat the 10 Subjugators in a row. At anytime you can save, take a break, turn off the PS2, whatever. But, if at any time you lose to a subjugator, your streak is over and you have to start all over again. ALSO, for each win you get a victory point, so you could possibly accumulate the 12 points but never reach the 10 win streak. Here is an example:

Just reached Subjugator rank
    Beat Subj. Lau ------ 1 Victory point, +1 Win Streak
    Beat Subj. Jeffery --- +1 V.P V.P = 2 2 Win Streak
    Beat Subj. Sarah --- +1 V.P V.P = 3 3 Win Streak
    Beat Subj. Wolf ---- +1 V.P V.P = 4 4 Win Streak
    Beat Subj. Jacky --- +1 V.P V.P = 5 5 Win Streak
    Beat Subj. Kage --- +1 V.P V.P = 6 6 Win Streak
    /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Lose Subj. Jacky -- -1 V.P V.P = 5 0 Win Streak /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    Beat Subj. Lion ---- +1 V.P V.P = 6 1 Win Streak
    Beat Subj. Vanessa --- +1 V.P V.P = 7 2 Win Streak
    Beat Subj. Akira ---- +1 V.P V.P = 8 3 Win Streak
    Beat Subj. Lei ---- +1 V.P V.P = 9 4 Win Streak
    Beat Subj. Pai ----- +1 V.P V.P = 10 5 Win Streak
    Beat Subj. Jeffery ---- +1 V.P V.P = 11 6 Win Streak
    Beat Subj. Lion ------- +1 V.P V.P = 12 7 Win Streak
    Promoted to Demonlord

You can save and exit as many times as you want during this, and it will still wont affect your stats.

But dont feel bad though, I tried to beat 20 Dragonlords in one sitting to get to High King. After a 102 Win streak, my back hurt, my fingers were a mess, and it was time for bed.

6. BananaClips

BananaClips Member

thanx a lot foondogg.

i got the explanations of the ranking guide a lil wrong then. it's a lot easier if u can save and quit in between, especially if u don't wanna fight all these annoyin-ass low-rank fighters.

>>>i am dragonlord now. whoa... gonna be high king tomorrow. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

peace.. one.

7. Foondogg

Foondogg Well-Known Member

Yeah when you hit Dragonlord, you keep demoting the opponents you are fighting. When I was doing my 102 win streak, i must have demoted at least 4 opponents from Dragonlord all the way to Subjugator. It really sucked too, cuz id see Ranking Match and get all excited like "Oh Boy!, maybe this is the time where i'll finally get promoted to High King". /versus/images/icons/smile.gif only to find out that it is another Demotion match for some poor Kumite fool. So I took my anger out on them. At one point i was like "Maybe there are no more Dragonlords because i demoted them all HA /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif " Oh well, you can save and reload to get the Dragonlords you seek, and it wont be nearly as long (or fun).