1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Your Avatar

Discussion in 'General' started by CobiyukiOS, Oct 5, 2008.

1. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

I've just seen plenty of new avatars, you must have gone on a damn hurry. I've been thinking of changing mine as well, to "Where's my [​IMG]? ". I've got the idea when Rugby stars were getting high and the Chaser caught in the act.
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ANQq7HZ3Lc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ANQq7HZ3Lc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    I shouldn't should I?
    Anyway let's talk about your avatar, past and present (maybe future). If you haven't got deleted your past ones, why don't you share them.

[​IMG]
    This is my first one as NobiyukiBB, until I changed my name to CobiyukiOS. When I asked about why I couldn't upload an image as my sig, someone said Myke should have it.

It's part of the character design from the production designer, storyboard artist, and 2D animator (Scott Fraser) of a little known Australian cartoon called "Time Cracks". I like that show, a cartoon Doctor Who with some Jet Set Radio vibe. (no footage on Youtube yet though). I was going to go with Emily, because she rolls in a ball at the end credits like Sonic, but she didn't fit in so I chose Milo.
    http://www.sdfraser.com/Emily.gif
    http://www.sdfraser.com/Milo.gif

[​IMG]
    This is Cobi, that very same mascot from the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona, who eventually had his own TV show (Cobi Troupe, and he was voiced by Nancy "Bart Simpson" Cartwright). That name (CobiYukiOS) is muct more closer to my real name, than NobiyukiBB from the last Australian Big Brother (Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O). Originally, I got it and edited a document about OpenType fonts, but what I found on Javiar Mariscal's website beggared belief the first time (English, Projects, Communication Design, Last right, page 2). I print screened and edited that too.
    http://www.tdc.org/downloads/tdcletterspace2003fall.pdf
    htt]://www.mariscal.com

To be honest, I'm not playing much as Akira. Maybe I should change my name to CobiDaLupe while I'm at it?
    I can't wait to hear your avvy tales.

2. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    My current one is epic.

3. StarNab

StarNab Well-Known Member

4. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

I just want people to know that the one I had prior with a red car, was not me, nor was it real. It was Jacky leaning up against a car. That is all.

5. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    My avatar is just Mario doing his princess for extra lifes, that's it. As for the origin... I kinda steal avatars from ppl on other forums /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

...Best so far...? The stick man doing "Your Mom", truly epic! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

6. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

My current one is the damn yeti that eats you on SkiFree. I've gotten away from it before though.

Previous ones include Bishop Brennan from Father Ted, Don Amott: King of Caravans and Chris Morris' character in the I.T. Crowd.

7. ZeroEx

ZeroEx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zeextremekid
    XBL:
    Zeextremekid
    Current one is a Hitsugaya Tōshirō artwork from Bleach (Anime). Haven't changed mine since I joined, been thinking about doing somethin really cool though when I do change it.

8. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

A Hellhand from Blood. A classic facehugger/headcrab type enemy and this guy somehow speaks.

Before this I've had the three eyed smiley from Transmetropolitan and King from King of Fighters/Art of Fighting.

There was something before that too, but I can't remember for the life of me.

Ash_Kaiser:
    I've always wondered about that thing.

9. KtotheG

KtotheG Well-Known Member

yea my avatar is some fool who looks like hes having a bit of a wank... just look at his face and arms /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

10. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    Im a fan of Sebo's epic avatar lol. Well done.

11. seven5suited

seven5suited Well-Known Member

A silly, useless, time-wasting, and potentially fun thread on VFDC? Why did it take me so long to jump in?! Here is a brief history of my avatars. A little photoshop knowledge and a slow day at work are a bad, bad combination.

[​IMG]
    Brian from Family Guy is a character I identify with very much...

[​IMG]
    This is just some member of PETA who looks VF-ish/Pai-ish to me.

[​IMG]
    Regular Pai players identify each other by the color(s) of the outfit, and I was dubbed "Cherry Pai" by Yip.

[​IMG]
    Well, aren't I CLEVER? I are.

[​IMG]
    The best character from Homestar Runner

[​IMG]
    My creativity knows no bounds...

[​IMG]
    I made this and then realized I'll probably NEVER play Akira... No offense to anyone; I just have an anti-main-character mentality that dates back to SF2. Please steal this.

[​IMG]
    I used to be obsessed with online poker... You think losing VF rank to a laggy scrub is bad? Try losing $200 (real money) to someone who doesn't know how to play poker, hitting a 1-outter on the river. (about 2% chance) Online poker was more profitable, but VF is easier on the nerves. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I'm all out of avatars and anecdotes.

12. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

When I joined, I had a Tyler Durden avatar, he had the Bruce Lee pose. My current one is the Shaw Brothers logo, in case some of you didn't know. I'll change it soon.

13. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    My current avatar is just the album cover for "Substance D", a drum and bass mix cd by Dieselboy.

14. biggz316

biggz316 Well-Known Member

didnt like any...so made it in photoshop

15. PompousKristina

PompousKristina Well-Known Member

I took both images of Pai and Lau Chan from virtuafighter.jp and put them together to make my avatar. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif

16. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

All too true. I'm not even at work and here I am but it's not out of boredom, I just wanted to say thanks for the funny post. Thanks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

... oh yeah, my avatar... umm, well, it's Brad and uh... he seems to have been slapped so hard that a he has hand-print shaped bruise on his face. I'm pretty sure he got slapped by Aoi... or some other female... probably for being fresh.

17. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Official art from one of the most disturbing, grotesque, and thought-provoking games I have ever played, Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. Also the series from whence my name comes.

18. INCIDENT

INCIDENT Well-Known Member

Do I honestly need to explain Hamtaro?

19. illWill166

illWill166 Member

PSN:
    illwill106
    XBL:
    HalloWill
    I'm a sneaker head, thats it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Starnab wins for throwing those 2p's at Akira.