1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Your thoughts on Hitbox

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by franman, Jul 9, 2012.

1. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

ok i've come back to learning the most efficient way to struggle out of stagger with hitbox. Here's my older video showing it done once

Its very hard to do consistently but I figured out a way to do it with 4 inputs (3 directions + 2 buttons simultaneously while holding guard the entire time). The key here is in the timing of when to start the struggle because if you do it too early you get less inputs recognized but if u do it too late than you get hit by the followups.

So what I do is after getting hit by the stagger continue to hold [G] . Then as soon as you think u should start, slide your left index finger across [4] [2] [6] and at the same time press [P][+][K]. By the time your left finger is touching [6] you should also be landing on the [P][+][K]. All this should be done within 1-3frames I'm guessing. Its really quick. To make it easier you can hold down all 3 buttons since you be guarding if everything works. Also i think the key here is sliding your left finger across the directions instead of piano'ing with 3 different fingers. The way hitbox works is that if you slide you don't get any diagonals unless u have a huge finger. You should only get cardinal directions which i think the system accepts moreso than diagonals. Anyway I can't seem to do it with the piano method so I'm assuming thats how it works.

I've done this a bunch of times but never consistently so i'm gonna work on it some more.

Rodnutz, Tricky, SUGATA and 3 others like this.
  2. cobratron

Here's a new video i made. Note that even with the slide diagonals will come out sometimes. Also im hitting all 3 buttons at once but you can also hold [G] instead and hit [P][+][K]. It works pretty much the same

G0d3L, Tricky, Zass and 2 others like this.
  3. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    Bet you can't get more hipster than my friend's prototype.

[​IMG]

Sozos, Chanchai, Chefboy_OB and 4 others like this.
  4. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Hahaha, that is pretty epic man, great image :D

5. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I made mine out of an Ethiopian that Angelina Jolie imported for me.

Rodnutz, Tricky, WiZzYx and 2 others like this.
  6. WiZzYx

WiZzYx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WiZzYx3DG
    XBL:
    WiZzYx3DG
    Bump!
    The HitBox caught my attention. I try several sticks, but definitely I sucks with it...is just like don't fit for me. I remember years ago, playing with MAME (KoF 2001/2002 my favorites) on PC, I used to play with the keyboard pretty well, but using the directional inputs with my right hand, instead of the A-S-D-W or A-S-D-Space keys. I think it's time to build a cheap inverted? HitBox, and try it with VF and DoA 5. :D

R_Panda likes this.
  7. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Nice job dude!

QUESTION: Does P+K+G = P+K = 1 input, i.e. no any differences and advantages for pressing several buttons AT THE SAME TIME (by binding P+K+G on one button)?
    Then why we need to press P+k insted of P or K alone?

8. cobratron

I think P+K+G or P+K does count as one input in the struggle timeline but it does the job for some reason.

9. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'm revisiting stagger recovery with the slide method. Cobratron are you able to get out of staggers mid match using this method now?

10. cobratron

I seriously suck at stagger break regardless of joystick or hitbox but I have been able to do it a few times against people. Its just something I need to work on.

11. Tricky

I was in dojo mode today trying this out and your method worked perfectly. I just have to get used to doing it in a match now.

cobratron likes this.
  12. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Guys, it's really very important question:
    P+k+g = 3 inputs or only 1 input (so, is similar = alone P or K or G) for struggling?...

13. Tricky

it equal 1 input.

14. TheWeirdo 5000

TheWeirdo 5000 Well-Known Member

If there is a + , it means hit those buttons as a single command.

If you are playing pad, I used to have my A (360) button set as pkg along with my left trigger.

15. TheWeirdo 5000

TheWeirdo 5000 Well-Known Member

I have never been good with stagger breaks. Is it dumb to ask why hitting back and forth is less effective than the method you are describing? (Playing on a hitbox)

16. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    The joystick's throw takes time.

17. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Does it mean that no need to input P+K with G for struggling. Just needed only P with holding G?

18. cobratron

^ thats something i've never even tried but I'll will test it when i have a chance

19. Tricky

When i was practicing it yesterday I would plink G into P+K while holding G. Regardless of what is needed I just like ending my stagger that way. It technically counts as 2 inputs. But that also depends on which directional you're hiting when he G plink is coming.

20. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    So, what is the true:

2-3 buttons simultaneously pressed – more effective for struggling than 1 pressed button?
    (Btw, the same Struggling technique is useful for FASTER getting up (standing up) from Knock down position)