1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Your thoughts on VF5FS in MLG/Online tourneys too?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shidosha, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

I can't see MLG picking VF over TTT2 (and Namco will get into e-sports) or even DOA5 (which has a good history with e-sports)

Our best bet is the FGC, and what we're doing now. That's not to say you can't do both, but I don't have huge hopes for e-sports helping VF out all that much- it didn't help KOF out any.

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I don't follow much of this e-sports and FGC animosity, but my current thoughts are to support the events that are currently available. If MLG is willing to have VF5FS, great! I am more than happy to help promote and attend (if feasible) their events. However, I have no intentions to "bend over" to MLG or events that puts their personal gain over the game and community.

PM sent about online events.

3. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    If MLG is the one showing interest I don't see why the community shouldn't do what they can to make it work. I'm sure the game will get extra recognition just for being picked up. A lot of FG-players seem to like VF but don't really have a reason to focus their time on it because the lack of events. With MLG that could maybe turn around?

From my own perspective the VF community seems to be very spread out globally. I think it would be hard to get enough players to a local event. I'm not the one to speak about the American community though, possibly there are lots of interested players lurking about.

All I can really say is that I would be happy if it got picked up, and I wouldn't miss to watch it live for anything.