1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Youtube now support slowmotion - great for watching VF footage!

Discussion in 'General' started by Wakke, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Wakke

Wakke Active Member

In order to enable this functionality go to the bottom of the page and select 'try something new!' Then, subscribe to the HTML5 video option.

VF and slowmotion are a great combo :ninja:

Note: it only works on newer videos.

BlueLink, SUGATA, Tricky and 2 others like this.
  2. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

I like to use this new feature to make more custom art, and capture good VF moments in HD (1080), it's cuts out the step of recording my screen then putting the clip in iMovie to get that perfect position or pose without pixelation. People with cool outfits as well can now be made into art more easily.

3. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    I wish the game supported slow mode playback, but this will help, making close analysis that much more convenient (and thus more widely done).

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Will youtube automatically allow this for my new uploads, or do i have to click something? I have a backlog of vids to upload and slowmo would be great.

5. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I can't make it work. I don't know why. Any suggestion? Does it work on specific clips?

6. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Make sure you have a supported browser. The video must have a WebM format available.

Look for these other restrictions. Youtube HTML5 player trial

7. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

woo good riddance flash. OSX hates flash, so happy for html5. It works so much better.

8. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I'm using google chrome so it should be available for me.
    anyway now it's working, maybe i had to close and reopen the browser.

9. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

This is so freaking good. Level up!

Tricky likes this.
  10. Wakke

Wakke Active Member

Yes, it only works on newer videos, apparently. For example, the move list videos of blood burger don't support slowmotion, unfortunately.

11. Wakke

Wakke Active Member

Small update, while not all videos support this on youtube itself, if a video is linked, the slowmotion is always availble. For example, here you can enjoy Akira's movelist in slowmotion:

And Jacky's:

And Jean's:

12. aoi ameindei

aoi ameindei Well-Known Member

PSN:
    INSTA_BOLT
    how do you use slow mo

13. Wakke

Wakke Active Member

See first post: Go to youtube, go to the bottom of the page and select 'try something new!' Then, subscribe to the HTML5 video option. Then restart your browser. You can then select slow mo in the same menu where you select the video quality.

14. aoi ameindei

aoi ameindei Well-Known Member

PSN:
    INSTA_BOLT