1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Yu says :Still a chance for VF4 on DC

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by nascarbryant, Mar 11, 2001.

1. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Could Yu Suzuki's latest fighting masterpiece be coming to Dreamcast as well as Playstation 2? Believe it or not, perhaps.

While talking to the Japanese Official Dreamcast Magazine, Suzuki-san revealed that there is a chance that the latest game in the Virtua Fighter series, part four, could be coming to Dreamcast. It depends on two things- if the fighters can be compromised to look just as good as the arcade, and if Sega of Japan approves such a release.

So, seeing the Dreamcast's power and Sega's desire for good Dreamcast games, there's always a great possibility. We'll bring you more coverage on this game as we get the info!

First Thing: Katoka-san is responsable for the PS2 Port he said that he has got his hands full till end of the year because of the VF4 Arcade machine and the PS2 port...........interesting thing that some sources keep on saying that VF4 on Ps2 won't be a naomi 2 Port.......maybe only the Gameplay/ Animations,(not all moves included like FMM?, probably not). Perhaps the Backgrounds will differ from the naomi2 version(see dead or Alive (1)model 2 port on Ps1. This would be smart choice to keep the interest higher for the Arcade Version. also Sega can make a good PS2-Version because they can deal easier with the system-weaknesses.

Remember, never a VF-Game came out so fast after the arcade version. Reason for this behaviour is, that Sega has got big financial problms and they need cash flow fast...

Vf4 will be out for PS2, 3-4 months after the arcade release.
    if there will be a DC-Version , you have to wait till 2002. Maybe at that date , the DC will be as good as dead, so the responsable Sega-managers will probably opt for a Gamecube,XBOX-Version(maybe depends on Launchsucess of the respective consoles)............Thanks Sega %*@!&!!

P.S : Why don't buy a Naomi 2 Board?

cya nascar

2. Guest

Guest Guest

i think the ps2 version will have the simplified levels and the arcade will have the large complicated ones that they are considering.

theres no way the ps2 could keep the character detail up and have the complex levels, with lots of textures. good move. if they tried to have big levels, they would have to use horribly low texture detail, it would look really obvious.

i originally thought the reason why the levels seemed kinda small was to facilitate easier porting, then after they announced they wanted more complex levels. its great that they decided not to limit the arcade version just to make the 2 versions similar. i think were going to be blow away when the arcade ver comes out, with the bigger levels.

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I think it's a great idea and one that I've always been pushing forward for a VF3tb+ or VF4 on the DC before Sega decided to go software-only and move on to other platforms.

Keep the gameplay exactly the same but completely redo the stages and maybe the character costumes. This way, PS2 owners will still play the arcade version and arcade players may pick up the PS2 version. It's win-win.

ice-9

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

You know, if the PSX2 could barely handle it, a dreamcast version would look like crap...I hate to say it, but X-box is the best future for vf...

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

5. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Yeah....

I kinda have to agree on this, as much as I love the DC, after seeing the video for VF4, I seriously doubt DC ability to even handle the character model, much less the backgrounds. BTW I think PSO on a monitor is one of the best looking games I've ever seen.

- The VF Student -

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"First Thing: Katoka-san is responsable for the PS2 Port he said that he has got his hands full till end of the year because of the VF4 Arcade machine and the PS2 port...........interesting thing that some sources keep on saying that VF4 on Ps2 won't be a naomi 2 Port.......maybe only the Gameplay/ Animations,(not all moves included like FMM?, probably not). Perhaps the Backgrounds will differ from the naomi2 version(see dead or Alive (1)model 2 port on Ps1. This would be smart choice to keep the interest higher for the Arcade Version. also Sega can make a good PS2-Version because they can deal easier with the system-weaknesses."

where did you get this quote, I need the source.

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Yeah....

bullshit!!! DC is the texture champ and it handels textures better then the PS2.........poligon-power isn't so important if you look at the flat grounds. It's easy to make a cut in the backgrounds and concentrate the polygonpower on the fighters.
    A port should be possible after all we're not in the saturn-model times. The only problem are the light effects on the sarah -jacky stage........even the PS2 can handle 5 lights in this way mainly because of the transformation and lightning chip.....

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Yeah....

sorry -even the PS2 CAN'T Handle.......