1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Zepp Tokyo Tournament:

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by GaijinPunch, May 22, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

All 64 fights in DivX 4 format. Note that the fights are w/ version B, not C, so not so good for practice, but fun to watch.

My IP changes. To get the current one, go to #vfhome on IRC & dns me. Right now, it's 61.202.237.204
    port is 34567
    l/p vf4

Max 4 users
    Enjoy!

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

do you have a link?

3. GaijinPunch

FTP -- the address is in the original post.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Minor problems...

The FTP site is set so that it only seems to tolerate connections from Internet Explorer. The problem is that IE's connection capabilities blow. Also a lot of people will have no idea how to use IE to connect to an FTP site with a specific login and pass....

The problem is passive mode. I dunno what ftp server program you're using, but if anyone wants to fix the issue on their end and download using a real FTP client, just disable passive mode for gaijin's site. In cuteftp, this is done by going to the site manager, highlighting gaijin's, click edit, then uncheck the greyed checkbox on the right that says use passive mode (I also unchecked the other one about using firewall settings). This allowed me to get a directory listing and queue files for download, which is nicer than clicking on them one by one in IE.
    In bulletproof FTP go to options, then general, then firewall. Click the FTP tab and uncheck the passive mode box.

Anyway, just so this post isn't all bitching: Here's a clickable link for people who need to check things out using internet explorer or netscape.
    <a target="_blank" href=ftp://vf4:vf4@61.202.237.204:34567/>ftp://vf4:vf4@61.202.237.204:34567/</a>

5. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: Minor problems...? mirror mirror

I sure hope CreeD will mirror these on his ftp... and finally i can view zipped files from Chris's ftp... don't know why... maybe faster download maybe the zip download? thx.

6. GaijinPunch

Thanks for the info CreeD. BTW --- it's not the software (I'm using Serv-U). It's my provider, as far as I know. From what I understand, you can't set PASV mode on your server.

I was going set it up on my Linux box, but couldn't find the time to configure it. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

that's cool, I got things working and am busily mirroring like crazy.
    So yeah, it's your ISP, no biggie tho, at least your IP has stayed the same for a while. Mine never does.

8. GaijinPunch

Well, when I woke up this morning, there were two people downloading. Considering there's 1.3Ghz of data, I doubt anyone's finished everything. I think the IP stays the same unless it's idling, so we should be good.

If I've not fallen off of IRC, you can always DNS me there as well.

If you can't get in, lemme know and I'll give you a 'always allow login' account, seeing as how you're mirroring.

Some good fights in there. Hope everyone enjoys them.

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Mirrored...

All the zepp tokyo clips are mirrored now on <a target="_blank" href=ftp://vf.dyndns.org>ftp://vf.dyndns.org</a>... have fun.
    They're in the recent VF movies directory. If y'all didn't like GaijinPunch's 11 kbps ftp server, you'll love my 3 kbps chunk-o-matic!@!!11/.1

Some of them are quite good. Off the top of my head ...
    *[ZeppTokyo_R6_Finals_FinalMatch]Napoleon(Jacky-10)_vs_Segaru(Wolf-Haoh).avi* ... watch Segirl punch the screen because he's too skinny to punch Napoleon and get away with it.
    *[ZeppTokyo_Special_Match]ShinjukuJacky(Jacky-2)_vs_IkebukuroSara(Sara-8).avi* ... just because it's a pair of guys who were famous in VF2 days and now don't play so much anymore.
    *[ZeppTokyo_R1_BlockC_Match3]Aocchi(Shun-Haoh)_vs_Dokutake-en.Encho.Higashi(Jacky-10).avi* - I sorta expected 83% vs 84% to go a full five rounds, which these two did. It's a good clip because the shun is strong and fairly interesting, and uses a few good tricks... namely using night-train-fortified low kicks to stuff jacky's rising attacks.
    *[ZeppTokyo_R1_BlockG_Match3]Rakan(Aoi-Haoh)_vs_Mikan(Jacky-Haoh).avi*
    Watch a 71% aoi manhandle a 96% Jacky. The aoi player is good at feeling out how an opponent might react after the (crumple --> f+K,K) combo, and then punishing them accordingly. If they roll, he tries f+PK, P, g-cancel, throw. If not, knee OTB, ground throw, ground punch. The damage scaling on the ground throw and punch makes me sad.
    *[ZeppTokyo_R1_BlockB_Match3]Marlboroman(Lau-10)_vs_Segaru(Wolf-Haoh).avi*
    Not especially close (we all know the outcome), but it illustrates a few pointers for dealing with Lau. Segirl punishes the lau for using brainless patterns in situations where they don't apply: First, when Lau uses elbow-palm, Segirl quickly ducks under the palm and gets a minor counter knee. Kyasao does the same thing using Kage's rising knee. The next time a palm is likely to come, after a blocked hopkick, Segirl low punch MC's the palm. When Lau tries b,b+P, d+P, he gets interrupted by a low kick. The low kick MC isn't as useful as VF3, but it seems like the right tool for the job in this situation when you're too far to interrupt with something else. Later on, the lau misjudges wolf's weight and tried b,f+P, d+P, d+K,K. The first low kick didn't hit, but the Lau was pretty sure of the combo and continued into the second. So wolf recovered and scores a minor counter knee.
    *[ZeppTokyo_R1_BlockH_Match2]SukakazeDevible(Jeffry-Haoh)_vs_Chibita(Lion-Haoh).avi* For a second I was sure this low percentage Jeffry was gonna own chibita, he got robbed on that sidekick. Chibita may have been starting to sweat a little himself around the fourth or fifth time the Jeffry escaped his throw.

-----
    Ok, that's all I can recall for now. Have fun, don't just DL the finals! Lots of good random matches here.
    PS: WTF happened to kyasao?

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: Mirrored...

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

PS: WTF happened to kyasao?

<hr></blockquote>

(edited version=correct info....unlike what I wrote just now hehe...blame it on BAD memory)

he didn't get kicked out while trying to advance to the finals...he wasn't a part of the tournament simply because Kyasao didn't turn up to fight for his spot. According to what my Japanese friend told me...the system is that, u have to win the store championship in order to advance. This also coincides with all the names of the stores I found when I was hunting info for the tournament last yr.

Anyway..long story cut short...Kyasao didn't turn up to Fuchu..Mask did and won the store championship while Kyasao could only say in his too short interview after the tournament ' hi, I also wanted to join...Ja~'. lol

Such a funny guy...my friend once mentioned that he's very well known for being friendly n nice etc etc etc .no wonder he so popular.

11. GaijinPunch

He missed a smaller tournmanet once b/c of work. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Anyways, the site will go up and down.
    BTW, whoever uses IP address 218.25.40.29 - you just got banned. not only did you connect three times, but you downloaded the same file three times. If you're going to abuse the site, abuse it in a way that doesn't waste your own time and my bandwidth.

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

doh.
    Is it possible you weren't just seeing a DL accelerator at work ? That's how they do their job - connect several times, and each connection downloads a separate chunk of the same file. Then it glues the chunks back together. If you put a speed cap on your site, that would be a way to work around it and get more than 5-12 kbps per movie.

They sort of drive me nuts too, but I use accels so I don't ban them...
    Anyway with only four slots, you probably should check the little box that says "only allow one connection per IP".

13. GaijinPunch

I looked for that box, but can't find it. I've not used Serv-U for a very long time... since Version 2.5

Accellerators... yeah, they're for the birds. Just gotta have some patients. The damn thing kept trying to log in like 10-20 times. I'm not opening up 20 different users on there. 5-6 is doable. This is a private FTP site... not a fully hosted web domain.

14. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

i'm no longer able to log on to the ftp. i assume the ip has changed, but do not have access to #vfhome to tell. can someone please post the necessary info?~

ps ... napoleon, neotower = nizzidgely to the extreme!~ /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif!~

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Look like it's the same, I just did a test connection - in this thread check out the "minor problems" post (by me) for info on why it might be a pain to get in.
    In short, you should use a real ftp program to connect, then look for the option to disable pasv mode (and maybe also the option to disable firewall logins).

Also when I connect, I sometime have to refresh the directory listing manually.

16. morphloop

morphloop New Member

just a qes....and dont get me wrong here i think its great that u guys host those vf4 movies...how many user are allowed on the servers (creeds and GaijinPunch servers)???? i mean i only get a shit speed when i try to download anything...whats the speed of the connection were the servers are?? well i guess u just capped the speed to 10-15k or what??

morploop

17. morphloop

morphloop New Member

damn.....what the fu*k is wrong with those movies??? green shit all over the place,,,sound out of sync...fuc* divx---or could it be my codecs or player ? any suggestions?

thanx

morphloop

18. morphloop

morphloop New Member

sorry....damnm shitty players...tried both wmp old and new and the "new" divx alpha 2.0 , they suck bigtime both, the only player how worked was the bs player...

morphloop

19. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

morph:
    First question: My server is on DSL with 40 kbps max upload speed (approximately). So I could tolerate (in theory) 8 users at about 5 kbps each.
    I don't have a user limit, I used to have no limits at all... but I recently made it so that each person can connect only once. Anyway, I don't plan on putting a cap on the number of users, but the downside is that everyone's DL will be a bit slower.

Gaijin's FTP server is four users max, I typically get 5-11 kbps on it.

Feixaq's new server is on a high speed line and you can pretty much count on close to 100 kbps.

For your other question about the divx stuff:
    Get windows media player 6.4 or 7.1 (you have to use 6.4 if you're on windows 95).
    Get it at www.windowsmedia.com, I think the "Get media player now" button's on the top right.
    Then go to www.divx.com/divx and choose the first option to download (They offer three, the first one is ad-free and doesn't cost money).
    With the newest media player and the latest divx package, you can watch movies fine.

If you're getting green'n'purple swirly crap for graphics, you might have the AngelPotion codec installed. It's a crappy thing for playing certain weird movies, and it messes up your other movies. To uninstall it go to start --> Settings --> control panel and look for anything that says AngelPotion. Click it, then click the add/remove button to uninstall it.

20. morphloop

morphloop New Member

creed thanx for the answer.....i guess its my fault, i sounded like a shit how didnt know anyhing in my post when i complaiend about that i couldnt see the movie..any i know all that about the movie. ill guess its some shit plugins thats fuckin with the other stuff, got some tsunami_filter_pack_3_8_9_mini.exe installed, anyway, got latest divx bundle and all shit, but wmp doesnt work, well it works but the audio is out of sync and the picture hangs up sometimes and the sound continues...strange....anyway thanx for the over welled explained answer :)

morphloop