1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Zero-chan's Nagoya Virtua Adventures

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Zero-chan, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Re: more questions

There's an event quest running. People participating have to defeat X amount of people with the balls, and once they do they get a new color for their characters. I just got orange for my Vanessa. Not sure what determines who has a ball, though... my Vane doesn't have one but several people I know do.

2. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Zero, when did you send the package exactly? I'm hoping everything ran smoothly.

3. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

If you join the event quest, you get the ball above your head, whether you finish the quest or not. I finished mine early (only had to win 5 times). However, I got a turd color -- yellow (blech).

Anyways, ALL of your characters registered under your card will get the ball until the quest is over on Friday. However, you have to beat people that have the balls only with the character your registered the quest with.

4. Zero-chan

Blondie, they're in a big box so transit time might be a tad longer than if I shipped, like, an envelope. The letter-sized mails I have send to people have arrived extremely quickly, however I have no idea how the Yuu-bin (JP Post) is when it comes to parcels. I'd say expect the stuff in a little over a week.

I threw in some of my extra VF4e fastener prizes as well. You can all fight over who gets which character.

(PS... GP, you wouldn't happen to have any of the little VF4 fasteners you get from buying Dr. Pepper at Sega arcades, would you? I'm still missing a Jacky and 2 of the secret designs ^^;)

5. GaijinPunch

Fasteners? The keychains? I've got a full set of the round ones (all 15 characters + Dural) and a full set minus Lau & one other character from the first time they did it(with Coke) a while back.
    I'm sure I've got an extra Jacky (wouldn't kill me to get rid of it if I only had one). Not sure what the secret ones are.

6. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Yay, real life Shenmue /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

7. GaijinPunch

Dude -- you can get all kinds of useless kewl crap out of those machines here in Japan. I had a real problem with them, and my house was being run over by 2 inch toys, and I"m nto even a toy guy. They're just so cute!

8. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Thanx for the response Zero, and also for the extra tid-bits. You didn't have to do that, but you did. Very cool. thanx.

9. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Hey those were promised to me a long time ago dammit.

10. Zero-chan

GP, have you seen the VF4 character figures? There's a set of Akira, Lei, Sarah, and Vane. I managed to win Lei and Akira out of a UFO catcher but I still haven't found anyplace with Sarah and Vane available. And dangit, those are the two I actually WANT. (I have the SD VF4 keychain set too XD)

You're right though - JP prize machines and gatchapon have some cool stuff. If you look around though there are stores willing to sell some of the more popular items in sets wholesale, for less than you'd likely spend trying to fetch them out of a machine. Haven't found anywhere here selling the VF4 prizes though.

As for the little Dr. Pepper fasteners, there are supposedly 3 "rare" mystery designs, of which Dural is one of them. (I have her, too.) I'm curious to find out what the other two are. Here's hoping it's Usagi and Risu. (^^)