1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Zoom me 101

Discussion in 'Help' started by CobiyukiOS, Aug 13, 2009.

1. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

Dear VFers.
    We see it every day when we idolise our favourite VF players on zoome. Japanese, always have VF5R while we don’t. Eventually there will be a time where we will have to upload videos to zoome for some reason, VF5R or not. It’s just lucky that I’m registered with zoome and can be able to bring you this tutorial.

A few things:
    Zoome is in Japanese. It’s not for those who view Japanese in block letters.

Zoome is foreign, and can be viewed without a firewall (probably). YES!

Zoome can host ‘its’ own videos, but can also ‘host’ Youtube videos, or even a no-video blog, and a combination of all of them.
    While youtube has a time limit, zoome does not have one, as I’ve viewed an entire soundtrack on it (all the Blazblue soundtrack, no longer there). However, it has a monthly upload limit of 1000MB. Not 1GB, 1000MB! Youtube does not have an upload limit, yet.
    http://www.zoome.jp

[​IMG]

At the top you can search videos, but shift to search circles, or just google. You have to click the right side link to search profiles. The two pink circles are Top ranked, and what’s new, respectfully.
    And the topics covered at the bottom of the page are:
    Diary, Music, Original, Practical Knowledge, Anime/Manga
    Game (the topic you need for your VF fix, BTW), Pets, family, Promotion, Performance,
    Good, Interesting, Car/bike/train journeys (really popular), Sports
    Events, Cooking, Fashion, Healing, Nature/Science,
    Politics, Entertainment, Test videos

At the bottom of the page, tucked below, are tags, the bigger the more popular. At the time, CoD2 and cats were the most popular, and below that, Site news.

Click on the zoome logo at the top anytime to get back to the title page.

At the time of the screen capture, there were 63, 9775 members, and going strong! The text boxes on the left are the usual Login details: email and password. But we don’t have one. I guess we’ll click the big pink button above... but before we do, let’s go over a few details. The videos on top fade after a short time to another video. And see that big square bar scan for your mobile? If your cell does that, it will take you to the mobile version of the site. Don’t hold your breath, but it is for cells.

[​IMG]

http://m.zoome.jp

Let’s go register!
    http://www.zoome.jp/prepare

[​IMG]

Step 1.
    From the top: Name (first and last), Gender (male/Female), Occupation, What area you’re from (In this case, scroll down to the very bottom: you’re overseas), birthday, MY page title, URL name (zoome.jp/X), Mail address, Nickname, password, confirm password, and the security number, and mail settings. Check the box if you’re a law abiding netizen.

[​IMG]

Step 2 is the confirmation part. Click the left button to proceed, or the right to fix something up.

Step 3: The mail is sent to your mail address. Check it, and click the top link.

[​IMG]

Step 4: Your claim is authenticated. Close whatever window/tab you’ve opened, get back to the title page of zoome and log in (mail address and password).

[​IMG]

Tutorials are harder than I think. More tutorials hopefully coming soon! Any questions, and let me know!

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    LOL, say what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It’s just lucky that I’m registered with zoome and can be able to bring you this tutorial.</div></div>
    Yeah. Lucky.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A few things:
    Zoome is in Japanese. It’s not for those who view Japanese in block letters.</div></div>
    Not necessarily true. You don't need Japanese fonts installed to be able to watch the videos, which are just embedded flash.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zoome is foreign, and can be viewed without a firewall (probably). YES!</div></div>
    This makes no sense.

Otherwise, good work on the guide but you fail to mention the most important thing: why?

Why would anyone bother registering? I registered a long time ago so that I could subscribe to players whose videos I was interested in watching. Much like youtube, whenever I visit zoome, a small section on the home page shows me the latest uploads from my subscriptions. So you could have shown how to go about subscribing to users, and other options available to registered users (e.g. blog embedding, etc).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Edit Reason: Though Myke was on it. Must be deleted or something.</div></div>
    What does this mean?