Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!Dismiss Notice
VF5FS Lion Start Guide
Characteristics, Strengths and Weaknesses
Lion is one of the most versatile character in the game with a focus on offense. He has a lot of tools at his disposal to break his opponents defense. He is fairly easy to play.
- Very good wall game and lots of ways to create wall situations
- Very good carry on his combos that help him for ring out tatctics
- Very good low game with a wide variety of lows
- Very good Anti sabaki moves
- Good low crush/high crush moves
- Good otg moves (moves that hit opponents of the ground)
- Punish game is probably the weakest in the game
- Damage decrease a lot as opponent weights goes higher
- Poor defensive moves
P, standing punch. Lion is blessed to have a fast standing punch at 11frames. This is Lion’s fastest attck and leaves you at a small advantage on block that won’t allow the opponent to interrupt your elbow. So after a Punch you can mixup with 6P or Throw.
If opponent is good at using fuzzy guard to beat this kind of mixup you can use P, followed by a low attack or delay your throw.