1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

4,3+P Major Counter

Discussion in 'Akira' started by EmpNovA, Oct 30, 2009.

1. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

When [4] [3] [+] [P] hits as a Major Counter the most obvious guaranteed damage is [​IMG] [4] [6] [+] [P] (double palm) which does 67 damage.

[4] [3] [+] [P](MC) leaves you +14, the double palm has 13 starting frames, so it will connect.

You get 67 damage and the double palm knocks your opponent down. So you can attempt to press an advantage after the knockdown.

However after [4] [3] [+] [P] hit as a Major Counter there is another guaranteed followup which is [P] [K].

Using [P] [K] gives you 69 damage, and leaves you +4.

So the trade of doing 2 points more damage and being at +4 is that you lose the knockdown.

[4] [3] [+] [P] (MC) [​IMG] [4] [6] [+] [P]
    [4] [3] [+] [P] (MC) [P] [K]

If this has been discussed merge or delete.

2. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

You should be able to [4][6](neutral)[P] & do standing palm combo at +14. Test and confirm...

3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Not after counter hit [4][3][P], the move leaves you crouching so standing palm will take 15 frames to come out.

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    How do you figure? If you buffer it exactly as sanjuro posted, you're not wasting frames.

5. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I thought the wasted frame was always there in situations like this, there was a thread not long back where you and others were discussing the same thing. Maybe I misunderstood it all :facepalm emoticon:

6. EmpNovA

If a move is listed as 14 frames in the commands section then doesn't that mean 14 frames of start up? So it connects on the 15th frame?

That means that at +14 a command with 14 frames of start up will not connect.

7. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Nope, it connects (registered as a hit at) on the 14th frame.

You might be thinking of [6][6][P] which is also 14 frames. Due to how double dash input is read by the buffering system, you will usually need to add one additional frame to determine how fast your elbow will come out.

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I haven't tested - but how do PK and 46P hit after an MC 43P? That move forces crouch.

9. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Not too sure myself, but Akira is not the only one that has that type of combo. Pai has a force crouch move ([P]+[K] CH) that gives her +13. Instead of going for a low throw, you can go for guarantee damage with [P][K].

10. EmpNovA

I've been using PK as a followup since I picked up Akira during VF4:EVO. It easily connects. It's probably the hitbox. Akira's standing kick hits very low as you can tag opponents low on the ground after wall hits.

b,f+p I cannot for the life of me get to connect after b,df+p MC.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    No, yes and yes.

Wasted frames occur due to (standing or crouch) dash inputs occuring in an attack's command. There's no dash-like input in [4][6][5][P], so therefore, no wasted frame. Wasted frames also occur with jump-like inputs without a built-in [G], e.g. Jacky's [7][K] is one frame slower than [7][K][+][G].

BTW Aoi's [3][P] and Brad's [P][+][K] are other examples of a move that forces crouch but allows for a high followup on counter hit.

12. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

I got around to testing the theoretical [4][6](n)[P] followup & couldn't get it to work either.

All other things being equal, PK is the best followup. Thanks for pointing this out empnova.

13. EmpNovA

I can't believe no one pointed this out earlier. I've been sitting on b,df+p MC -> PK since VF4:EVO came out.

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I tested this a bit. My conclusion: I think theres an error in the movelist and Akiras [4][3][P] is actually +13 on MC.

My reasoning is that Akira has a simple 14 frame attack that is his low kick [1][K] Yet it doesnt combo after the slam. I don't think that moves speed is listed wrong because I have had proof from elsewhere that it would indeed, be that fast.

His standing kick is also 14 frame and it doesnt combo either.

Doublepalm from crouch is 13 and PK is 11 frames. These moves combo no problem.

Im certain that it is possible to buffer moves without wasting frames, yet I cannot pull off the standing palm via buffered [4][4][6][P] after the MC slam either. One more reason to believe that the advantage is actually +13.

15. AyuFanb0y

AyuFanb0y Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how this works either - however, I do know 14 frame moves combo in the lifebar.

For instance, I tested Jeffry's Heel Droop into Chokeslam, which comboed once in a very long while as an actual 3 hits. Most of the time, it connected separately but showed the lifebar as comboing both. It is +15 and the chokeslam is 15 frames with a 66 input. Akira's 66kk after 43p CH also did the same thing.

Interesting, moves like 1k and neutral k also only show in the lifebar, so perhaps it is something up with Dojo, but I'm not really sure.

16. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    What exactly are you trying to say? o_O If the move doesnt increase the combo counter, it doesn't combo.

17. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    If u connect with the last bits of the activation phase, more advantage is granted. Jeffry's heeldrop has a rosie o'donell's ass-sized window.

I think akiras 43p MC is +13 on the first active frame, so if it hits later it'll give more advantage.

You can crush risers with that move right? that's the best way to test to see if something like 46p will combo for you.

18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Thats a good point, I forgot about that. It should still be fixed in the command list though to +13.

[4][3][P] has only two active frames though.

19. AyuFanb0y

AyuFanb0y Well-Known Member

Whoops, I guess I worded it poorly. If you do a 14f move buffered asap (such as 66kk) after 43p CH, it should show as a combo in the lifebar (both moves connect one after the other). I however have not tested if you can block or not.

20. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I think the way the move is animated (overhead) its very possible that can hit slighly later on lower opponents but idk.