1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoi reversal follow ups

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Aoi_Mei, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

I made a list of Aoi´s reversal follow ups, I´ll put it here in case someone needs it.
    Just note:
    LDA-Light down attack
    HDA-Heavy down attack
    First is the reversal, then guaranteed follow up, then character and move tested against.

High attacks:
    [P]->ground throw(56), LDA(40) --Pai [P]
    [K]->ground throw(56) --Pai [K]
    Elbow->ground throw, make a little dash first(66), LDA(50) --Brad [6][P]+[K]
    Spin kick----
    Double hand->LDA(32) --Wolf [6][P]+[K]
    Double foot----(in some cases, ground throw)
    Opponent behind:
    [P]->LDA(45) -- Pai [P]
    [K]------

Mid attacks:
    [P]->ground throw(61), LDA(45) -- Jacky [P]+[K]
    [K]->LDA(40) -- Akira [6][6][K]
    Elbow->Ground throw, make a little dash first(66), HDA(65), LDA(50) -- Akira [6][6][6][P]
    Sidekick->ground throw(66), LDA(50) -- Pai [3][K]
    Knee->LDA(55) -- Akira [K]+[G](release [G] after 1 frame)
    Somersault->LDA(50) -- Lau [7][K]
    Spin kick-----
    Double hand->LDA, make a little dash first(40) -- Pai [2_][6][P]
    Double foot----(ground throw in some cases)
    Shoulder->ground throw(60), LDA(44) -- Akira [2_][6][P]+[K]
    Head------
    Back->LDA(45) -- Akira [4][6][6][P]+[K]
    Opponent behind:
    [P]->ground throw(66), LDA(50) -- Jacky [P]+[K]
    [K]------

Low attacks:
    [2][P]----
    [2][K]----
    Spin----

Correct my mistakes if you see any...

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Just a few worth noting.

There are different kinds of punch/kick reversals. I only see you listing two. Specifically, there's a p/k reversal that guarantees a CD->Ground Throw, and also a p/k reversal that only guarantees a light down attack.

As far as I know, Heavy Down Attack is not guaranteed. It looks like it is, but you can get out of it. I believe it's the same situation as after [3][3][P]+[G]. If the opponent prematurely puts in the ground-throw escape (which is guaranteed, after a CD, as you stated) then a heavy down will hit. At least is with my experience.

Doublefoot reversal isn't a 'reversal'. It's a dodge, so has no guaranteed followup.

3. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

Aoi's [3][3][P]+[G] isn't guaranteed place to do heavy down attack but it's guaranteed situation to throw [2][P]+[G] or [3][P]+[G]. It's the same thing as Goh's [3][3][P]+[G] throw. If you put your opponent's recovery speed as fast in Free training then heavy down attack is guaranteed in case it hits. You can't do recovery any faster than CPU.

4. Aoi_Mei

Then looks like I have still more to learn with Aoi...
    Is reversal type then depending on foot position? Gotta try out...

btw..heavy down attack is guaranteed after mid elbow reversal, even with fast getting up with side roll, free training dummy didnt avoid it (only tried on Akira so might be exception)
    Also, reversing Wolf´s double foot attack [K]+[G] gives you a guaranteed ground throw, same with Shun´s [9][K][G], I believe.

5. GaijinPunch

[ QUOTE ]

Aoi's [3][3][P]+[G] isn't guaranteed place to do heavy down attack but it's guaranteed situation to throw [2][P]+[G] or [3][P]+[G].

[/ QUOTE ]

either you misread, or I misspoke.
    If they prematurely put in the down-throw escape, when you try a heavy down attack (or [8_][K]+[G]), then the down attack will hit. You can't do both. For the most part, it's a santaku.

[ QUOTE ]

Is reversal type then depending on foot position? Gotta try out...

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it has more to do with which limb and which kick you're reversing. It could be stance related though. Honestly, I've never tested.

As for the elbow-reversal. You can get out of the HDA. It's happened to me before, and I stuck the command in right after. Try setting the CPU to go back, not to either side.

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    GaijinPunch said:

If they prematurely put in the down-throw escape, when you try a heavy down attack (or [8_][K]+[G]), then the down attack will hit. You can't do both. For the most part, it's a santaku.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that when you're knocked down, you can hold [2_] or [3_] and mash on [P]+[G] and it'll count towards the down throw escape and recovery for a sideroll at the same time.

7. GaijinPunch

very well could be... just going off of something I read off Overweight a long time ago. THis was just after Evo came out though, so that data could've been wrong as well.

8. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

I always press various of buttons and then do [2][P]+[G] or [3][P]+[G] to avoid throw. My recovery is fast and at the same time I can do throw escape.
    Can you do throw escape for both directions?

9. Aoi_Mei

I also do sideroll getting up and be ready for throw escapes, I think it´s possible. Example after Goh´s [3][3][P]+[G], even thought I smash buttons to get up, I still can escape from ground throw simultanloisly(difficult word). Not sure thought ´cause no one has yet tried HDA from it...

I´m gonna try that reversal thing tonigh, I sure hope I wont see any new animations(wich would mean that I´ve mastered all follow ups)
    I also check out the mid elbow again (I try to avoid it myself). Personally I´ve always done HDA and no one has ever avoided it....

10. i havent ever maneged to input multiple ground throw escapes im pretty sure that its a one shot deal

11. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    backbonebreaker said:

i havent ever maneged to input multiple ground throw escapes im pretty sure that its a one shot deal

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure there not possible.

12. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    archangel said:

[ QUOTE ]
    backbonebreaker said:

i havent ever maneged to input multiple ground throw escapes im pretty sure that its a one shot deal

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure there not possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
    There not,... seeing as it would more or less render ground throws useless, seeing as you already have a 50/50 chance of escaping them.