1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Best punishiment for wiffed attack while backdash?

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by StarEileen, Mar 5, 2008.

1. StarEileen

StarEileen Member

What would be the best choice for wiffed attack while backdashing?
    Normally I would do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif but during backdash /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif goes out instead/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif... Is there someway to input /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif during backdashing? or do I have to use other moves for the wiffed punishment? If so, what would be my best option?

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

It's generally difficult for Eileen to execute any of her good moves after back dash, except for maybe /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, but that's not always very rewarding.

I would try and adapt so you are less reliant on using this tactic as Eileen, or learn to substitute with back crouch dash, or using /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif cancel.

3. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

yea I don't think that's what an Eileen player should be focussing on.

4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

only time I can think of backdash being useful is

PK > backdash > 46P to catch wiffed attacks.

5. StarEileen

StarEileen Member

The people that I am playing around here are usually very good at keeping distance. They, especially Jacky players, mainly stays outside of my attack distance and strike from far away using crazy steps.

These strikes are usually in nitaku(2way) form, so I can't just guard everything. Sometimes I can cut them out of their step using 3K, 6P, 6K but it doesn't work all the time as they fakes a lot in their stepping. A wrong attempt to cut means badly wiffed attack and w/ a few of these the round is over very quickly...

The best way to deals w/ these type of people that I have figured out is to back dash out of their step-in attacks and punish them w/ 6K. But the stupid 46K goes out instead, and I get myself launched... What the....

6. Tricky

Re: Best punishiment for wiffed attack while backd

like srider said just G cancel after you backdash to clear your buffer inputs so you can 6K. I know what situation you're talking about, it comes up a lot and with eileen in particular my fundamentals aren't strong enough to always shut it down. Same situation and I'm playig with akira I know how to stop them from backdashing crouch all day long or just plain backdashing away from my moves then when i'm about to punish their backdash they bust out a mid.

I started using forward dash cancels to throw of their retaliations and I find that to work real well. Aagain srider is right relying on 3K isn't all that great a choice since our character is best up close and personal.

7. StarEileen

StarEileen Member

44G6K seems to work quite well, thanx for the advice.

8. SkatanMilla

SkatanMilla Well-Known Member

There are a few different ones I use depending on how close they end up after the whiff.

4PPK if they end up close, 6K if they are further away.
    46K+G also works really well and puts them in a stagger, don't forget that it's a special high so backdashing into it form advantage punishes 2P abusers.
    3K is good if you get to punish crouching attacks because of the stagger.

9. SkatanMilla

SkatanMilla Well-Known Member

Don't know why I didn't write 46P here before since it's an obvious choice as a backdash whiffpunisher.

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Only hits high and is pretty slow though. Meaning it mainly works when you bait the whiff.

11. Tricky

yeah I think the guy was asking about crouch backdashing. Looking back at this now I'd say use 66P on them to get a nice +1 frame if you get a NH.

All I ever need is just 1 frame to work with and the beast can be let out.