1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Brad: Ask a Question, Get an Answer

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Libertine, Jun 19, 2012.

1. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    My question is: What are my options after I get my opponent turned with say Ducking => P+K, 2/8P or P+KP2/8P. I know about the Counter Hit combos from the side like 6P Slipping P+K and 4K Ducking => P+KP, but are those my only options?

2. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

If the hook lands on a counter hit, you get [P][P][K] for free. Other side pressuring tools include [2][K][+][G], Ducking [P][+][G], and [4][P][K]. You can hit scan [4][K] for the catch throw and Ducking [P][+][K], too. [K][P][K] is a natural combo on the sides and back, and you can hit scan by the time the second hit is guarded to enter stances.

One other thing: [6_][K] can be used if the opponent tends to evade towards your front. You might condition them with [4][P] to get them to do this. I haven't experimented, but it looks like you might be able to get Slipping [P][+][K] combos if it lands on a counter hit, since the opponents' stomachs will be facing Brad.

BeastEG, ExzetyXat1 and R_Panda like this.
  3. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    Now which stance do you prefer I go to if I do hit scan it? Do I have enough frames from the side to get to Slipping K+G? (I figure I don't, but it would be awesome if I did.)

4. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Nope. On a side guard, [K][P] -> Ducking will give you +/-0 while [K][P] -> Slipping will give you +1. The stance you'll enter is totally dependent upon what you guess your opponent's reactions (or lack thereof) will be.

BeastEG and ExzetyXat1 like this.
  5. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    So say I noticed my opponent likes to do 2P from side, it would be preferred to [K][P] --> Slipping [K]?

And also, is there any situations in which 4[P][+][K][+][G] would be of use to me? I never seem to use that in a match and it seems some of the moves from that stance can be really good. Do any of the moves have evasive properties I can utilize into my fights?

6. Libertine

No, you'd need to use Ducking [K][+][G] to beat a [2][P] attempt.

Sway Back can be used after some moves that push back, such as after a guarded [3][P][P][+][K] or [6_][K]. Sway Back [P][P][K] (hit or guard) [K] is very useful. Also, Sway Back [K] can be used as Brad's replacement for a back dash -> launcher in some instances. Sometimes you'll need to combine the stance with a back dash.

I'm not sure about evasive properties. It certainly has some, but I've never tested it. I've seen it evade Pai's [4][K][+][G] completely, but I don't have any setups that take advantage of the evasive properties for any particular move.

7. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Why is brad so sexy? LOL Just jkin. On a serious note, when is brad ducking moves safe like even in negative frames?

8. Libertine

When they don't guarantee anything, but I suppose you're talking about push back? It can be tricky to punish Ducking [K][+][G] with a throw, so sometimes you'll get caught with a launcher trying to punish it. Other than that, the only other unsafe Ducking move is Ducking [P][+][K][P], which is -13 on guard.

9. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Actually you know how jacky can use like PPK SS>P and beat moves that are 12 frames or higher even though PPK is - 10 on block? Does brad have moves like that from ducking? where he can abare and still be safe to crush moves?

10. Libertine

Okay, since Jacky can enter Slide Shuffle as a derivative of [P][P][K], it really isn't -10 once the stance is entered. Maybe Lettuce has data for that on his blog.

Yes, Brad's moves work similarly. From Ducking, [P][P] and [P][P][P][P] allow you to enter stances to cancel the guard stun. What you can interrupt is given in a thread named "Quantitative Frame Data for Stance Entry."

11. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    Do you need to have the animation of walking forward in order to do [6_][K]? Cause this is one of the reasons that I wouldn't use it because I wouldn't know where to set that up.

12. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

You can buffer the move or just press [G] while doing [6_] so nobody will notice you are going to do that move. That's how i try to catch people with it when they evade.

13. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    Ok, thanks for the info. I'll have to look at the frame data now, look where I can utilize it in my gameplay.

14. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    You can also do it this way [3][6_] [K]

15. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    I'm gonna go and guess you can do this because there's an input for forward in 3.

16. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    yup correct, it's an old vf trick to help with the buffering.

17. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    I figured as much. Sounds like a plan once I get ungrounded...

18. Libertine

I'm pretty sure that Electro_Jacky meant to type [2][3][6][K].

BeastEG, ExzetyXat1 and llort like this.
  19. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Hey fellas, i have a question for you.
    Which are the strings that are NC for Brad from the side?

Also any suggestion on what to do after a Wall Splat? Tnx a lot

20. Mr. Loverman

Mr. Loverman New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself. Mr. Loverman from PSN. We've fought before. Finally on VFDC

R_Panda likes this.