1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Chibita "Shun" Style - Knock Out during Ring Out

Discussion in 'Shun' started by JHow77, Dec 12, 2010.

1. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    <object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QD9Z1SdOTW4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QD9Z1SdOTW4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

Enjoy!

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

hahacoughcoughdouchebagcoughcoughhaha

3. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

I remember the original it was a graeat victory, but they took the original off youtube because it was tournament footage I think. It was Chibita Lion vs. Bach Shun. I like this footage because its slightly different with the jump from other side to land the kick.

4. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

Shun's jump back at :02-:03 is broken. Shun has a move that makes him immune to 90% of all Oki [​IMG] It's so imba that either everyone should have it, or no one should have it. It's akin to building a mechanic like "Jacky can fuzzy but no one else can". What a joke.

5. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Can't Akira catch that with a SDE?

6. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Shun also doesnt have a real elbow in vanilla 5 and the jump back isnt as powerful as you think. ie, japanese players werent winning tourneys by just repeating that move.

7. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Just seems like a really dipshit thing to do. Jesse is clearly excited about something cool and funny and he wanted to share it with the people here but you use it as an opportunity to voice your opinions on why the character is broken. VF5 has been out since feb 2007 and if you haven't figured out that shun needs to be dealt with differently, I really don't think theres any hope now. lol

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    What you see is JHow reading me. It is awesome to fight him. If I stop thinking, I die. Thanks for putting this up, man. Those were great fights.

9. social_ruin

Haha, dipshit huh? Back at ya.

PS. I deal with this by doing lei fei 33pp Which tracks and launches shun. I know my stuff. And i'm comfortable enough with Jhow to feel like i can make a point w/out being a troll.

10. social_ruin

he jumped in the same direction as the half-circ move should hit. Altho the oki wasn't timed perfectly. It makes me wonder if it would have worked if it had been done deeper/sooner. Does anyone know?

11. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    I think it is purely the game engine making my hop kick track the opponent, which should then be possible with any character, and any attack. I do admit thought that the more I watch it the more I'm amazed how spot-on the kick hit. It looked scripted, and as much as I'd like to take the credit, I assure you it wasn't. Granted I kind of knew the outcome I wanted, but never expected that!

@Social - I tend to think that you're not taking that much offense, because I've never seen you lash out, especially toward someone that doesn't deserve it. When you mention Shun's "jump back" at :02-:03 are you talking about his sway/evade move? If so, or even if not, I have always thought it was interesing that when VF2 came out, the two new characters, Shun and Lion, were the only two that had special evade properties.

For anyone interested I will be posting the full match from this video. Plague and I had a GREAT set of matches that night. I truely wish I had saved more. If saving only took a couple seconds I would save so many more matches! =(

Thanks Plague! And thanks to all for looking at the vid! I always like sharing fun and interesting things. Heck, that's why I play Shun. He always keeps me entertained just using him.

12. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    I just thought of something else... a lot of times when I'm BT, a key to success of landing certain attacks is buffering in a dash toward the opponent. During BT, dashes can only be performed by buffering, and this enables Shun to get closer for his BT attacks, which I've discovered, at least with my playstyle, is key to making certain attacks at certain times hit. Shun may have options while BT, but they don't necessarily work that well.

I must say I LOVE landing a BT P+K (and even better if the continuation K hits (Shun's head!))! Watch for this in round 4. It is probably the most non-used attack by any Shun player. I've never even seen SHUU or Itazan use this move in any video I've watched. But if it were used by either one of them, I'm sure it would be SHUU. =) (No offerse Itazan sama).

13. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    Here is the full match - enjoy!

<object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofqOxfPpU4M"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofqOxfPpU4M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

14. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I did watch someone JP Shun used that BT P+K and then delay K:)
    Fun Chibita kick! and probably never see it the third time~

15. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Fun sight! I still think the craziness thing I've seen was when I was playing you and I tried a 66p+k and you hit me with a 9p+k out of the flying headbutt. Later same round I did the same to you for the KO.

Pure gold but no bid [​IMG]

16. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    I remember that well but I think you mean 7P instead of 9P+K. It's a miracle that Sega has even kept that move around since VF2. I almost has zero purpose but I love trying to find a use for every move. I like to use it sometimes to bait a pounce because it leaves Shun in the best lying position to simply get up quickly by mashing P. This will avoid many character's pounces and you almost always have advantage afterward.

Another thing that move can be useful for is wasting time, although it's rare I use it in that way. Just in general it can be a confusing move for an opponent to see.

There are some really bizarre properties also with this move. For instance, 7P+K goes straight up in air, not away from the opponent, and furthermore it will not hit a grounded opponent, only 7P will. Which brings up the next interesting thing - depending on the state of the opponent lying on the ground or not, the game engine changes which way Shun will move in the air. If the opponent is lying down it then acts like a pounce and goes toward the opponent, but if they are not lying down it goes away from them.

Also in BT you can only use the P+K version, and that move has absolutely no use whatsoever, because it hits the wrong way. Actually now I want to try and make that work. =) I could see it working with something like anticipating Sarah's moon jump (or whatever it's called) and hitting her on the way down.

@TheWorstPlayer - another time when 7P can come in handy is when anticipating Kage's flying attacks, or Wolf's charge. Granted there are much better things to do, but still fun nonetheless!

17. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

True 7P it is! My hands know the moves better than my brain :p

18. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    That happens to me to!! =0

19. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    lol at the throw at :50. As much as I dislike when throws grab you without grabbing you, that was pretty funny.