1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Combo Thread

Discussion in 'Akira' started by SuperPanda, Jun 8, 2012.

1. blk_brotha

blk_brotha Active Member

Feck likes this.
  2. mfwebdude

mfwebdude Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    So far, these [6][4][P]+[G] combos work for Sarah, Pai, and Shun:

1FK [2][K]+[G][P] > [6_][P][K][G] cancel > [2][P] > [2_][4][6][P]

EDC ~ Back > [2][K]+[G][P] > [6_][P] > [2][P] > [2_][4][6][P]

And here's an alternate [6][4][P]+[G] for Lion:

EDC ~ Back > [2][K]+[G][P] > [P] > 1FK [2][P] > [2_][4][6][P]

Note: The standing [P] must be neutral!

EDIT: for the EDC version for Sarah, you must do a 1FK [2][P]

Last edited: May 3, 2014
    Feck likes this.
  3. mfwebdude

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    Yo Feck, I'm moving on to test the SDE wall combos.

Feck likes this.
  4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Ok man, for those SDE wall combos they are supposed to work on the characters that have a question mark listed for them.

I can remember testing these vs a few characters like Goh and it seemed difficult to land them but they are supposed to work. In my original notes there's a note saying the timing between the 33p and p requires some variation between characters, hopefully that'll help you :)

5. mfwebdude

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    [6][6][6][P] > [2][K]+[G][P] > [2][1][4][P] > [3][3][P] > [P] > [1][P] > [4][6][P]+[K] (max charge)

Stuck on this one. I can get most of this combo on the characters I've tried. Having some issues connecting with [P]. Very hard to connect unless [3][3][P] forces the opponent high enough on the wall. And I found the best way to get them high enough on the wall is to hit them with SDE with about a body length to the wall. If their back is right up to the wall, a delay after SDE seems to do the trick.

My biggest problem though is getting the second wall slump with [1][P]. Works on the lightest characters. But when I try on middle weights like Kage, it just won't work.

Am I doing this wrong from the start by adding distance or delay to the combo? I've tried to vary the timing between [3][3][P] and [P] like you mentioned, but the window is so small I end up dropping it.

Feck likes this.
  6. Feck

Sounds like you're having the exact same problems I did vs midweights, I didn't mess around with it too much though just confirmed it worked on the lighter characters and then moved on.

Here's the original notation...

●666Pch~2K+GP~214P~33P~Wall Slide Down~P~1P~Wall Slide Down~46P+K Max Charge (+81)
    ・Below Jean - Maximum Damage

Doesn't really explain why we're having troubles with the combo but it does state it works on everyone below Jean, i'll take another look at the combo tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.

mfwebdude likes this.
  7. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I don't even know you guys have updated combos again!
    I'm going to check that wall 46P+K charge shit somehow.:)

Btw, are you guys interested in 3K+G P+K combos? It's another nightmare for me to memorize these specific shit but I did spend some time to category. I'm not sure if that's the plan you guys would like to add.

Feck and mfwebdude like this.
  8. mfwebdude

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    yeah, that wall combo is tough. spent a few hours at it the other night. had to take a break, damn thing is driving me batshit. i'll probably grind some more tonight.

I'd like to see what you have for 3K+G P+K. i've been playing around with those a bit trying to find the best side combos. found some pretty nice ones for eileen, i'll post soon.

9. Dennis0201

That combo P>1P can make light characters wall slide, but I don't think it can make mid weight to do the same thing.
    The other drawback is opponent can tech roll immediately after 46P+K hit :(

mfwebdude and Feck like this.
  10. Feck

3g+kp+k combos are in this thread somewhere (page 5 I think) but the stance requirements for certain characters means I've got to do some testing before they go up on the main list.

Also I'm unsure about listing the combos for the move from the front, it's only a natural combo on MC from the front and it can't be hitchecked, it's guaranteed in a few situations when sideturned and that's the only use I see in it as a launcher.

11. Dennis0201

Feck, there is one specific maximum combo on Jean.

666P CH> 2P > 43P 2(8) > P > 2_6PP
    No stance or rotation side required. Maximum damage.

mfwebdude and Feck like this.
  12. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Combo against middleweights: according to my testings :p

[4][6][P] > [4][P] > [2][P] > [2][K][+][G][P][P]

Feck likes this.
  13. Feck

Cheers guys.

Sozos likes this.
  14. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    [4][6][P] > [4][P] > 1fk [2][P] > [K][+][G][P] 64 dmg NH - 75 dmg CH(to lightweights, to shun [2][P] without 1fk, also works to elblaze )
    [4][6][P] > [4][P] > 1fk [2][P] > [2_][6][P][P] 68 dmg NH - 79 dmg CH to lion
    [4][6][P] > [P] > [4][P] > [2][P] > [2_][6][P][P] 73 dmg NH - 84 dmg CH ( eileen,blaze,aoi, to eileen requires 1fk to [2][P] )

Feck likes this.
  15. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Combos with [2][K] wallstun or wallsplat (whatever :) ) wall in your side,back/stomach.These combos are tested against lion.
    [2][K] > [3][K][+][G][P][+][K] > [3][K][+][G][P][4][6][6][P][+][K] 81 dmg NH - 86 dmg CH
    [2][K] > [3][K][+][G][P][+][K] > [2][K][+][G][P][P] 81 dmg dmg NH - 86 dmg CH
    [2][K] > [3][K][+][G][P][+][K] > [2][K][+][G][P] > dash [2][P] > [2_][4][6][P] 94 dmg NH - 99 dmg CH
    [2][K] > [3][K][+][G][P][+][K] > [2][K][+][G][P] > [6][6][K][K] 95 dmg NH - 100 dmg CH

16. mfwebdude

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    SDE MC wall combo:
    [6][6][6][P] > [2][K]+[G][P] > [2][1][4][P] > [3][3][P] > [P] > [4][3][P] > [2_][6][P][P]

Feck, these are my results for this combo. The combo was started with the opponent's back right against the wall (the timing seems to change when there is some distance to the wall). These ended up being much crazier than I expected, but I hope this helps. There are still a few I haven't figure out. Would be cool if we could get a few others involved in testing these to see if there might be some better methods.

Eileen
    closed - no delays
    open - no delays

El Blaze
    closed - time so that [2][K]+[G][P] hits right after Blaze's knees touch the ground. (inconsistent, i cant find better timing)
    open - no delays

Aoi
    closed - 1FK [3][3][P]
    open - no delays

Vanessa
    both - wait as long as possible to start [2][K]+[G][P], 1FK [3][3][P]. Another option that seemed a bit more consistent was to just 1FK [P].

Sarah
    closed - no delays
    open - no delaysh

Lion
    closed - no delays
    open - no delays

Pai
    closed - time so that [2][K]+[G][P] hits a bit after as Pai's knees touch the ground.
    open - wait until the very last moment to start [2][K]+[G][P]. This one is hard as hell.

Shun
    closed - 1FK [2][1][4][P], 1FK [3][3][P]
    open - medium length dash forward before [2][K]+[G][P] (should connect just before shun falls all the way down), 1FK [3][3][P]. The timing is right if the yoho strikes while there is a slight gap behind shun, causing him to slam into the wall higher than usual.

Lau
    closed - 1FK [3][3][P]
    open - ?

Lei Fei
    closed - no delays
    open - 1FK [3][3][P]

Kage
    closed - ?
    open - wait as long as possible to start [2][K]+[G][P]

Brad
    both - time so that [2][K]+[G][P] hits as soon as Brad's knees touch the ground.

Goh
    closed - ?
    open - wait as long as possible to start [2][K]+[G][P], 1FK [2][1][4][P]

Jacky
    closed - 1FK [2][1][4][P], 1FK [3][3][P]
    open - wait as long as possible to start [2][K]+[G][P]

I'll post results for the other sde wall combo soon.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
    Feck likes this.
  17. mfwebdude

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    Not sure if these are posted already. I was messing around with bodycheck MC into wall slide combos. These do 160+ damage if the initial hit is around 120.

Eileen, Aoi
    [4][6][6][P]+[K] MC (wall slide) > [2][P] > DLC (wall slide) > [2_][6][P][P] (last P connects only sometimes)

[4][6][6][P]+[K] MC (wall slide) > [2][P] > [2][K]+[G][P][P] (wall hit) > [2_][3][P]+[K]

El Blaze
    [4][6][6][P]+[K] MC (wall slide) > [2][P] > DLC (wall slide) > [2_][3][P]+[K]

[4][6][6][P]+[K] MC (wall slide) > [2][P] > DLC (wall slide) > [2_][4][6][P]

NOTE: If after the bodycheck you find yourself at an angle to the opponent's front side, use OM to reposition yourself to return to standing at their feet or at an angle to their back. this makes connecting the combos easier.

Feck likes this.
  18. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Just trying out some combos in Dojo, here is what I came up with:

Against Wolf/Jeffry: [9][K], [6],[6],[2][K][+][G][P],[6_][P],[2_][4][6][P] (only in open stance) (70+ dmg, will post specific damage output later)

Against Brad/Goh/Jean/Lau/Lei: [6][6][6][P] (CH),[2][K][+][G][P],[6_][P],[2_][6][P][P]

Combo 2 works flawlessly against Jean (90 dmg) but I can't get it to work consistently against the other three. I think a delay is needed somewhere but I can't seem to find where. When it does work though, you get 85 dmg. I tried it with all characters, I couldn't get it to work except for these 4 but like I said, on anyone else but Jean, there is a difficult timing issue so it may work with other middle weights since the 4 characters listed would be considered middle weights

19. mfwebdude

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    having fun with these bodycheck wall combos. here's one for eileen in open stance. this one isnt really combat worthy since it's damn near impossible without the perfect angle after bodycheck:

Feck likes this.
  20. mfwebdude

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    here's one that is much easier. works in both stances on eileen. in open stance, do a short dash before [2][P] and you have to enter [6_][P] after the knee. In closed stance, there's no delay and it's just [5][P] after the knee.

Feck likes this.