1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations SMB is me

Discussion in 'General' started by social_ruin, Dec 2, 2008.

1. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

My brother 'SMB is me' has just recieved a promotion at work that is relocating him to the snowy sausage fest that is anchorage alaska. I hear it is an excellent place to pick up chicks if u are indifferent to fat. lol.
    My identical twin bro and i were born and raised in Oklahoma, and he has lived all his life in dust bowl OK, while i have briefly ventured to germany and florida. *shrug*. In life we have shared everything shy of women. Shared successes and failures. Shared joy and sadness, tragedy and triumph. Hell, we even share the same taste in "mains" for VF5. This is a major move for him, his first great adventure in the road of life. I hate to have him move so far away--i have never lived more than 1 1/2 away from the lout--minus my 2 months in germany and 2 months if florida. But i am so happy (and a little jealous) for him that his hardwork and dedication and talent is being rewarded. More than that. He is hands down a great person. A couple of us on here have taken the time to get to know him, and u can't ask for a better friend. He is my best friend, and the best friend i'll ever have. He is the only person in my life who i know will never betray me, and when he lets me down i know i am obligated to pick him up and give him a hug, for he would do no less for me. When i was on the brink of ruining my life he sidled up to me and said 'jon, if your strength alone is not enough to get u through this, then use mine, and conserve yours for when you need it most'. He never turned his back on me. You are the greatest sean. I love buddy. Sorry you're leaving, and excited at the opportunity life is giving u.

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Congratulations! Hard work pays off in the end!

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    social_ruin, that was touching man, and for some reason I couldn't help but be reminded of Frodo and Samwise from LotR /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

4. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    God damn man! That's some serious love for your kin. I have 5 brothers and 3 sisters and the single love you have for your bro easily tops the love I share with all 8 of my kin. We all have great relationships, but I don't think any of us could go on record and write / say out loud this touching penmanship you just displayed.... Really man that's some seriously touching shit that choked Konjou up a bit. FOR REAL!

Congrats and good luck SMB... Know that you are blessed and have that kind of love and support in your corner. There is no way you could possibly fail when you have a real life guardian angel watching over you or waiting a phone call away to assist.

5. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    That is very touchning and made me feel envious for being an only child /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif

6. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    holy shit that was genuine. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

congrats to SMB. social ruin, will you be my brother??

7. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Got me too a bit, as you get towards the end you can't help but feel sad haha.

Congrats SMB /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

8. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    damn that was great.

9. smb

smb Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks Jon. Shit, wish i wouldn't have read that while at work, you got me all choked up too. Love you bro. And thanks.

10. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Seriously is there room in this brothership for another!? My REAL brother is cool but he'd rather play Naruto than VF. So fuck him. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif hahaha i kid of course I love him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Warning, Spoiler: <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" /></div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div style="display: none;">but fuck him</div></div></div>

11. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Congrats and good luck, SMB.

12. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Congrats and good luck man! Hey, maybe you can get some Alaskans into VF /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif I hope we get to play more before you go and for your sake I hope that you can get a good xbl connect out there XD

I know this "wish" won't be "wasted" on you /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif ... (sorry /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif )
    Wishing you the best out there buddy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

13. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    From a man whose handle is "social_ruin" those were very touching and thoughtful words. Kudos to you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif

To SMB: Congrats. Give a kiss to Palin for me, then give her the finger. heh heh /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif